Nine News Presenters and Reporters (2015-Sept 2020)

Bad news for Nine Melbourne with Jayde Vincent to leave the network and join the Seven Network as a Melbourne court reporter. Eliza Rugg will become sole court reporter.

7 Likes

Jayde started her career on Ten Melbourne in 2010 and joined Nine Melbourne in 2014,her last day was 21 July.

Screenshot_20200810-085147~2 Screenshot_20200810-085128~2

8 Likes

Nicole Rowles finished up at Nine News last Friday.

13 Likes

A shame all these reporters have been let go.
I wonder if the same has happened to Paul Taylor?

6 Likes

When is Carrie-Anne Greenbank due to replace Sophie Walsh as European Correspondent?

2 Likes

Carrie-Anne is still reporting in Melbourne this week,l do recall when I read about her appointment in July it said she would commence in the coming months.

6 Likes

Bruce Paige did a special report tonight interviewing the Labor candidate for Burleigh in the upcoming state election.

6 Likes

My preference for Sydney’s Friday/Saturday night weather would probably be Sophie Walsh when she returns home (and of course, has finished isolation and the rest).

Sunday-Thursday still needs a meteorologist, especially with Nine (with the reshuffles at Ten expected to result in a single national meteorologist presenting their forecasts - including Sydney market ones) soon to be Sydney’s only meteorologist-free weather - not a position you’d want to brag about.

3 Likes

Considering that she’s been in that role for almost 10 years and Nine News Sydney pretty much always wins the ratings, is there really any point in getting rid of Amber?

Perhaps the viewers actually like that she is a presenter and not a meteorologist…?

6 Likes

Tim Bailey is a Sydney institution, give him a go. The current weather reports are rather forgettable.

3 Likes

That’s a really good point! It feels like those who complain about Amber are under the impression that she has been doing this for a couple of weeks - she has more than a decade of experience under her belt. Time to move on IMO…

4 Likes

And Amber is a good presenter.

It would be much better to have someone with good presenting skills that can explain the weather in layman’s terms than a meteorologist that isn’t a good presenter and gets too technical and opinionated.

NBN used to have a meteorologist who thought he knew the weather better than the BoM and would contradict their forecasts, leaving people like me confused.

4 Likes

2 Likes

Tom Rehn presenting 9 Afternoon News Adelaide today.

6 Likes

Nine News Queensland has lost another reporter, with Tahlia Sarv finishing up today.

7 Likes

To say the very least, the past decade has been nothing short of a disaster for QTQ as far as presenters/reporters leaving are concerned.

This is a list of notable presenters/reporters that they have lost in this time (not necessarily in chronological order) -

• Heather Foord (retired in 2011)
  • Melissa Mallet and Cameron Price (both sacked after the Choppergate scandal in 2011)
  • Alyshia Gates (now at SBS)
  • Bence Hamerli (now at 10 News First Sydney)
  • Sophie Walsh (now Europe correspondent but will soon return to the Sydney newsroom)
  • Tim Arvier (now in the American bureau)
  • Zara James (also now in the Sydney newsroom)
  • Joel Dry (now up the road at Seven)
  • Isabelle Mullen (also now up the road at Seven)
  • Michael Best (now news director of Nine News Perth)
  • Davina Smith (now presenting the national morning news and the Sydney 4pm news)
  • Sylvia Jeffreys (now co-presenter of Today Extra)
  • Carrie-Anne Greenbank (now in the Melbourne newsroom)
  • Jayde Cotic (now at 10 News First Melbourne)
  • Darren Curtis
  • Alex Bernhardt (now a producer for 60 Minutes (I think))
  • Clare Hunter (now media comms at RACQ)
  • Phil Willmington (retired)
  • Spencer Jolly (retired)
  • Nat Wallace (now in the Sydney newsroom)
  • Sam Squiers (now based in Wollongong)
  • Tahlia Sarv
  • Andrew Trewin
  • Andrew Slack (retired)
  • Alex Smith
  • Kath Landers (working overseas)
  • Sean Power (now at Seven)
  • Libby Stone (moved to Perth to present Nine News with Tim McMillan, but returned to the Gold Coast in 2015)
  • Paris Martin (now freelance)
5 Likes

Rob Readings- former GC presenter when did he retire?

3 Likes

I think he was last on-air in 2010?

2 Likes

Great list, though I don’t think it’s overly unusual.

With Brisbane being a medium sized capital city, there are staff who will always want to move on to bigger things in and outside the network, and with an ageing population, we will see more retirements.

9 Likes