Nine News Presenters and Reporters (2015-Sept 2020)

1 Like

Clint Stanaway is reading Sport in Melbourne tonight

2 Likes

Samantha Heathwood is presenting this week in Brisbane with Jonathan Uptin presenting sport from Melbourne Park. Garry Youngberry has returned from holidays for the weather.

4 Likes
3 Likes

Is Lane retiring?

If so, another big loss to the network’s federal politics team.

2 Likes

Not sure, but I’d guess that Lane would probably be in his 60s now.

Especially 18 months after the retirement of Laurie Oakes!

As much as I’d be equally happy if he stayed in Sydney and gave politicians at Macquarie Street a hard time (particularly in the lead-up to the State Election), personally I think Chris O’Keefe would be a great successor to Lane Calcutt. Although with Chris Uhlmann, Airlie Walsh, Fiona Willian & Jonathan Kearsley, it wouldn’t be overly surprising if Nine decided to stick to four core reporters for their Parliament House, Canberra bureau.

1 Like
3 Likes

Yes, surely 4 Canberra based reporters is more than enough.

Even WIN’s local Canberra news bulletin only has 3 local reporters and that is “supposed” to be for 30 minutes of local news!

Friday -

Sophie Walsh is presenting in Sydney with Cameron Williams presenting sport from Melbourne Park.

3 Likes
1 Like

Lane Culcutt is leaving Nine’s Canberra bureau not the network.

Great to see them continuing to give Sophie opportunities to present.

8 Likes

Ping @SydneyCityTV

Allison Langdon and Jayne Azzopardi are probably in or heading to Melbourne for Weekend Today tomorrow.
Mark Burrows on holidays?..
It gives Sophie the opportunity.

3 Likes

(18/1/2019) Garry Youngberry is presenting weather on the Gold Coast News tonight.

3 Likes

Lane Culcutt is returning back home to QTQ as a news reporter. He will add much needed experience to the Brisbane newsroom.

8 Likes

From the Canberra bureau to the Aldi bureau

2 Likes

I can’t see Lane filling any Aldi “special” reports though.

Calcutt should be ND, flat out.

Do we know if Sophie Walsh is presenting Nine News Sydney again tonight?

Because that would be a really good night of TV news for us Sydney/NSW-based Media Enthusiasts. Bathie on 10 at 5pm then Sophie (or in the case of Northern NSW, probably some combination of Jane, Sam, Kate & Tyson) on Nine at 6pm! :smiley:

1 Like

Yes Sophie is presenting again tonight (Saturday) in Sydney.

2 Likes