Nine News Presenters and Reporters (2015-Sept 2020)

With Neil Breen presenting sport.

2 Likes

Judging by the sound of things, poor quality presenters all round on Nine News Sydney this evening! :confused:

Journalists read this forum. Is it really necessary to have comments like these?

1 Like

Criticism is fine as long as it’s constructive and not inappropriate. I’m sorry, but if a Journalist can’t handle any form of criticism, they shouldn’t be in the industry.

2 Likes

But to say “poor quality presenters” isn’t constructive at all.

Point taken though.

I agree.

Well that’s my personal opinion, which you can agree or disagree with as you wish.

I’ll spare everyone a repeat of what I think about Mark Burrows’ newsreading. But whenever Cam & Erin are unavailable, surely Rob Canning, Julie Snook or Danika Mason would be a better fill-in Sports presenter than Neil Breen?

1 Like

I think Rob Canning is up in Brisbane tonight for the Horne vs Mundine boxing match, so he wouldn’t have been available. I do agree with what you’re saying though.

2 Likes

Almost anyone would be better than Breen, surely.

4 Likes

From Monday the show will be hosted by Deborah Knight and Adelaide based newsreader Brenton Ragless

Double shift for Deb? Or will Peter Overton be sticking around for the next couple weeks. OR will we be seeing the like of Allison Langdon, etc present the weekday bulletin?

Who sends letters anymore? I bet they write to the editor of newspapers too :roll_eyes:

1 Like

Melbourne crime reporter Alexis Daish had a nice farewell from some friends from Victoria Police this week.

:joy:

She had been a crime reporter for three and a half years and is now heading to America joining Nine’s US Bureau replacing Lizzie Pearl.

11 Likes

Saturday -

Mark Burrows presenting in Sydney again tonight.

Brett McLeod is presenting First At Five News and 6pm in Melbourne this weekend.

3 Likes

Lily Greer from WIN News Toowoomba now reporting in Darwin, replacing Louise Rennie (now in Perth)

1 Like

Alicia Muling is presenting sport on Five At Five News/Melbourne News again this weekend.

2 Likes

01/12/2018:

Belinda Russell is presenting Sydney’s weather from Campbelltown.

3 Likes

Saturday (01.12.2018): Ebony Cavallaro is presenting Brisbane’s weather.

Michael Atkinson is still presenting sport.

2 Likes

You said it in your last post.,
Leave Britn… I mean Mark Alone!

Yep certainly getting real old with the bagging of particular Nine presenters. No one is perfect and no one is forcing you to watch. Simply don’t.

2 Likes

Louise is originally from Perth, right?

If so, good to know that she’s got a position in her home market! :slight_smile:

…which is what I did tonight. I only checked out the end of the bulletin at/around five to 7 just to see what the on-location presentation of the forecast was like (as per a post on this forum) and that’s it.

It might come as a shock to many people on Media Spy, but I’ll often watch Nine News Sydney (or another station’s news service) just to see a particular report I’m interested in!

Peter Overton is still presenting.

2 Likes