Nine News Presenters and Reporters (2015-Sept 2020)

Former Sky News business presenter Bridie Barry filed her first report for Nine News Brisbane tonight. Also noticed Adelaide reporter Paris Martin has joined the Brisbane team.

2 Likes

Donā€™t know if Julie means this is the last time theyā€™ll be seen together on screen or if Monday was Ameliaā€™s last day.

7 Likes

20/06/2018:

Sophie Walsh presented Nine News Now this afternoon.

Brett McLeod is presenting Melbourneā€™s afternoon bulletin.

5 Likes

can anyone confirm if Arlie is her sister?

1 Like

Sophie Walsh presented weather in Sydney tonight.

3 Likes

Great to see Sophie Walsh present Sydneyā€™s weather on a night both Pete & Cam are on board, but the question has to be asked: Is it just me or has Amber Sherlock been off Nine News Now + Sydney weather more often than on in recent weeks?

From my observations, thereā€™s been more than the odd recent night (in Winter no less!) when Belinda or Sophie have filled in on weeknights. Combine that with Nine appearing to choose Belinda over Amber to take part in this yearā€™s Gold Telethon from the start (in contrast to Deb presenting in Camā€™s place while he was covering the Jeff Horn fight in Vegas) and Iā€™m genuinely starting to wonder if thereā€™s a potential change brewing when it comes to the position of Nineā€™s Sunday-Thursday Sydney forecasterā€¦

1 Like

I saw her file a report which aired on Sydneyā€™s 6pm news last night - possibly her final on-air piece here in Australia (for now) before moving to London?

Anyway, itā€™ll be interesting to see who presents the Monday & Friday editions of Nineā€™s Morning News + Nine News Sydney at 4pm from now on. Personally Iā€™m hoping either Jayne Azzopardi or Sophie Walsh get the position but realistically, Iā€™m expecting Nine to give the role to Mark Burrows.

5 Likes

They wouldnā€™t want to lose such an experienced reporter from their Sydney/national team.

2 Likes

21/06/2018:

Edward Godfrey is presenting Nine Live Adelaide. First time?

5 Likes

Think so, yes. Jessica Braithwaite was presenting this time last week, now Alice has gone.

2 Likes

Lisa Fernandez is presenting the 21/6/2018 weather for Nine News Perth live tonight. I remember that she done it for Nine Live Perth a month and a half ago.

4 Likes

Friday -
Jayne Azzopardi presenting Morning News & Sydney Afternoon News.

5 Likes
5 Likes

Elizabeth Creasy is doing the weather for Nine News Perth tonight live from Fremantle. I wonder if Nine Perth would then choose more reporters as relief weather presenters.

3 Likes

They arenā€™t sisters.

1 Like

Someone will be able to answer this instantly. Mark Burrows, at Nine Sydney, was he once at Ten Melbourne? Something Eddie McGuire said when talking about the Ten Melbourne 80s newsroom with Jennifer Keyte. Mightā€™ve been out of context though.

Mark Burrows has been a reporter on Nine for 30 years (or close to it - I know heā€™s been there since at least 1989) now, hasnā€™t he?

The only mention of his pre-Nine career on the website bio is some work in Tasmania, but knowing how so many people in the Nine News/Current Affairs department (particularly in Sydney) were previously at Ten, I wouldnā€™t be overly surprised if Mark Burrows is another one.

1 Like

:joy:

6 Likes

not wearing shoes on tv - madlass

2 Likes

Neil Breenā€™s face in that cap sums it all up :joy: