Nine News Presenters and Reporters (2015-Sept 2020)

Mia Glover presented Gold Coast News tonight.

2 Likes

Brett McLeod presenting First At Five News and in Melbourne this weekend with Corey Norris presenting sport and Madeline Slattery presenting the weather.

2 Likes

Mark Burrows to present Nine News Sydney Tonight.

8 Likes

Mark will probably also be presenting the Christmas Day bulletin with Deb Knight returning on Tuesday night.

8 Likes

Mark is the type of reporter that should exude experience and credibility as a presenter, but his on screen delivery just doesn’t flow as well as say Peter Overton’s.

I still like watching him read the news though - there’s certainly worse presenters out there.

8 Likes

I personally think that Mark Burrows is the Chris Reason of the Nine Network. Far better at reporting than presenting IMO.

2 Likes

I am really enjoying Mark Burrows behind the news desk.
Wouldn’t be surprised at all to see him as the new 3rd newsreader with Deb stepping up into the #2 role.
At this time of year the #3 usually reads for a couple of weeks. It’s likely we could see him present for the next couple of weeks.

I think you’re right, and this might not have anything to do with it but he is one of only a few presenters that actually has a voice over from Peter Harvey.

3 Likes

I’m sure he’s a great reporter, but IMO there are far superior choices for Nine News Sydney tonight and tomorrow (Jayne Azzopardi, Davina Smith, Amelia Adams, Cameron Williams come to mind).

Oh well, at least he’s better than Ben Fordham (but really anyone is).

7 Likes

Amelia Adams, Amber Sherlock, Allison Langdon, Cameron Williams have a V/O by the late Peter Harvey as well.

3 Likes

Who is on in Melb tonight?

Mark Burrows is presenting Christmas Day bulletin in Sydney with Sophie Walsh presenting the weather.

6 Likes

Who’s presenting in Brissy?

It will be Darren Curtis.

Dougal Beatty is presenting the Christmas Day bulletin with Ayrton Woolley presenting sport and Madeline Slattery presenting the weather.

7 Likes

Christmas Day bulletins are good to watch in that we get to see reporters in action that we don’t normally see.

Already tonight, I’ve seen Rob Morrison report from Brisbane regarding a house fire, and Eliza Rugg report from Melbourne on a major car crash. I don’t think I’ve seen either of those reporters on 9News Sydney before.

4 Likes

Mark Burrows on news :+1:
Neil Breen on sport :-1:
Sophie Walsh on weather :thinking:

4 Likes

As does Wendy Kingston.

I,too, am not happy that Mark Burrows is/might be the new third-in-line. He is fine for Christmas but the list above are far better choices, IMO.

4 Likes

I personally would like to see Nine utilise Jayne Azzopardi as a fill-in presenter on Sydney’s 6pm news again in the future!

6 Likes

7 Likes