Nine News Presenters and Reporters (2015-Sept 2020)

As I’ve probably said before, personally I really hope that Jayne Azzopardi will get a permanent presenting role (even though I do think that she’s great at reporting of course) within Nine’s news/current affairs department sooner or later. Nine would be crazy to let rising talent like Jayne to jump ship to another network, which I could potentially see happening at some stage if there was an offer of a permanent presenting role.

Also, I think Nine may eventually have different presenters for the Morning News, Nine News Now and Nine’s Afternoon News on a regular basis. Realistically, surely Nine would have more than enough newsreaders which would allow them to allocate one for a specific daytime bulletin?!

2 Likes

I don’t know why they can’t “farm” the news out a bit - for example:

9 Morning News from Gold Coast with Wendy Kingston
9 News Now from Sydney with Jayne Azzopardi
9 Afternoon News (national) from Melbourne with Brett McLeod
9 Late Night News from Perth with Tracy Vo

As examples…

1 Like

Monday (16.05.16)- Wednesday(01.06.16) : Tim Davies is presenting the Early News.

[quote=“SydneyCityTV, post:225, topic:148”]
I think Nine may eventually have different presenters for the Morning News, Nine News Now and Nine’s Afternoon News on a regular basis. Realistically, surely Nine would have more than enough newsreaders which would allow them to allocate one for a specific daytime bulletin?!
[/quote] TBH, I prefer it how it is with a Morning/Arvo News (Monday-Thursday), and another on Friday along with respective presenters on NNN. However, Nine do have a handful of very capable and talented reporters/presenters who could present the bulletins individually.

[quote=“MarkHD, post:226, topic:148”]
don’t know why they can’t “farm” the news out a bit - for example:

9 Morning News from Gold Coast with Wendy Kingston9 News Now from Sydney with Jayne Azzopardi9 Afternoon News (national) from Melbourne with Brett McLeod9 Late Night News from Perth with Tracy Vo

As examples…
[/quote] I actually thought about this, especially the Wendy Kingston idea. However, most believe if it is based in Sydney, it will be Sydney-centric, if it is presented from GTV, it will be Melbourne-centric. However, it is possible to do otherwise IMO. And if we were to get a Late News from STW, I highly expect Tim McMillan to be the anchor.

• Just thought if they are ever low on presenters for Nine News Now Jo Hall would be the perfect host from Melbourne. She is a regular on the Chatroom, and she is already at the network doing daytime news updates and it would work well with school pick-up. Just saying…

That would be a fantastic idea I reckon. And it’s not like in this day and age where they can’t broadcast from other areas. I mean thinking back to the Sydney siege. Seven were excellent by switching from Sydney to Melbourne for the telecast and then eventually handing it over to Perth. I mean I can’t recall another occasion

1 Like

[quote=“nationalnews, post:223, topic:148”]
However, according to Jayne Azzopardi things will be different next week…Even though she is joining the sports department, I would like to see Julie Snook present the Morning News …
[/quote][quote=“HarbourSideTv, post:224, topic:148”]
dont think that would happen. Julie is taking up a Sports reporting role at the network.
[/quote] I was close.

Tuesday (17.05.16): No typo ahead- I’m dead serious. Ben Fordham presented the Morning News and Julie Snook presented sport. Fordo even had a personal V/O, don’t think even Peter Stefanovic has one. So I highly suspect him to take over what Jayne has been doing- Morning News Tuesday and Thursday. Trust me, if you watch the closer- horrendous is one word for it.

1 Like

Where the presenter sits makes zero difference to the content of the show. It’d still all be controlled centrally.

I couldn’t think of a more ‘switch-off’ educing duo in the morning.
Can Ben just decide if he wants to be rightwing shock-jock or a proper TV journalist!

CONFIRMED: Lara Vella is the new Early News presenter, replacing Julie Snook. She will start in the coming few weeks.

Source?

Lara Vella’s twitter account has this beneath her name: @9NewsAus Early Edition

[quote=“lepatron, post:460, topic:101, full:true”]
Wendy will be missed but given she moved to Queensland maybe she will take up a role in the Brisbane or Gold Coast newsroom and occasional national fill-in?
[/quote] I would be more than pleased if she anchored the weekend news, hosted the Local daytime News, present a possible future weekend local Gold Coast news, present the local news (replacing Win News) for Queensland or present local news for Queensland for Today (like Today Perth News). So many possibilities for such a talented presenter.

[quote=“Wade, post:233, topic:148, full:true”]
Lara Vella’s twitter account has this beneath her name: @9NewsAus Early Edition
[/quote] She has always had that ever since she started to fill-in.

Congratulations to Aislin Kriukelis who has announced that she is pregnant with her first child.

Something in the water there over at 9, especially if you appear on the Today show :grin:

1 Like

Ben Fordham presenting the morning news today

Nine News Sydney reporter Mark Burrows is presenting today’s Morning and Afternoon News…has he ever presented a full news bulletin before?

1 Like

[quote=“SydneyCityTV, post:239, topic:148, full:true”]
Nine News Sydney reporter Mark Burrows is presenting today’s Morning and Afternoon News…has he ever presented a full news bulletin before?
[/quote] The Morning News Opener. He didn’t do too bad- much better than Ben Fordham that’s for sure- but sure there are other staff? Jayne Azzopardi, Peter Stefanovic, Natalia Cooper, Deborah Knight or Brett McLeod?

gosh you are young.
He’s previously been a regular morning news presenter (a role shared with Kim Watkins) and he was also news presenter for Today On Saturday.

4 Likes

Ben Fordham presented Thursday Morning News with Mark Burrows on Afternoon News.

1 Like

Georgie Gardner is presenting tonight’s Nine News Sydney.

1 Like

I noticed Tim Arvier has been reporting from the US this week.

Ayrton Woolley is working for ABC Local Radio today, as boundary reporter for the AFL match between Carlton and Geelong.