Nine News Presenters and Reporters (2015-Sept 2020)

What would networks fill these tribute packages with if it wasn’t for dedicated television lovers uploading clips to YouTube?

“A bit of blood spilt”. I wonder who Kenny was referring to when he made that comment? Waley, Fergo, Chappelli…

Lol Kens mic wasn’t on for his farewell

It was a very nice tribute package for Ken.

The kind that gives a humble Media Spy viewer a warm glow :blush:

6 Likes

[quote=“Radiohead, post:977, topic:148”]
It was a very nice tribute package for Ken. The kind that gives a humble Media Spy viewer a warm glow :blush:
[/quote] Well said. Although I thought Brain Henderson would have made an appearance.

3 Likes

Brian Henderson made an Australian Story intro back in August his final ever television appearance, if I’m not mistaken.

2 Likes

Confirmed: Liam Bartlett is leaving Nine News Perth once he re-joins 60 Minutes in 2017. Shame because he was a potential weeknight anchor and the ratings were better on weekends since he joined.

1 Like

Karen Huf court reporter in Melbourne finished today.

2 Likes

It’s almost time to #FarewellKen… We’ll miss you, Kenny! #9News

An emotional farewell from Pete to his news desk partner Kenny…

FAREWELL KEN: You’ve welcomed him into your living rooms for 50 years - but tonight, the legendary Ken Sutcliffe will sign off for the very last time.

Our special tribute to our sports presenter, Channel 9 legend and all-round great guy, Ken Sutcliffe. We will miss you.

4 Likes

I can confirm via On-Air promos that Cameron Williams will officially return to Nine News Sydney to become “the successor to Sutcliffe” on Sunday night:

I’ll try and get a clip up later (although knowing Nine, they’ll probably post it on social media eventually), but basically it has Ken talking about how Cam’s a terrific journalist and a great bloke. Scenes of the two walking around the SCG is mixed in with other footage of Cam.

Judging by the end voiceover, Peter Overton will likely be presenting at least one more week of bulletins before going on holidays.

8 Likes

I am also surprised Cam didn’t join the team (so a handover officially from Ken) last night.

[quote=“SydneyCityTV, post:983, topic:148”]
Cameron Williams will officially return to Nine News Sydney … on Sunday night:
[/quote] As he was when he was from 2010-2015, Cam will likely return as a fill-in for Peter/ Georgie if need be.

[quote=“SydneyCityTV, post:983, topic:148”]
Peter Overton will likely be presenting at least one more week of bulletins before going on holidays.
[/quote] Probably to ‘welcome’ Cam to the team. He might start holidays on the Monday.

1 Like

So we can say his position is like TJ in Melbourne (although he is better)?

Sort of. Except Georgie and Deb, I am sure, will remain the main fill-ins for Pete then maybe Cam will fill-in on occasions like early last week where Deb did Today and Nine News for two consecutive days or when Jayne Azzopardi anchored on the weekends. Basically, when Pete, Georgie and Deb aren’t available.

1 Like

@mirb Jayde Vincent replacing Karen as court reporter in Melbourne.

1 Like

Tom Steinfort also presenting Friday Morning News this week.

2 Likes

Thanks @SydneyCityTV

6 Likes

I don’t know HSV’s news reporting team but in comparision to Nine News Sydney, from what I have seen, Nine News Melbourne’s reporting team could be better. More senior/additional roles.

[quote=“SydneyCityTV, post:1438, topic:149”]
But when the time comes, I’d imagine that (in no particular order, of course) Tony Jones, Alicia Loxley and Brett McLeod would be the most likely candidates to become Peter Hitchener’s successor.
[/quote] I highly doubt Alicia Loxley will be Hitch’s successor.

[quote=“Salty, post:1440, topic:149”]
@Tom_TV7 Tony has been Hitch’s fill in since 2010 and l believe he will be Hitch’s eventual successor ,l have never been a fan of Tony but Nine are making it pretty obvious it will happen.Hitch’s current contract still has about 2 or 3 years left.
[/quote] Agree and both Nine and Tony Jones himself have spoken out that that is the plan.

[quote=“Tom_TV7, post:1445, topic:149”]
I mean, David Brown vs Amber Sherlock, who would you rather watch for weather?
[/quote] It speaks for itself TBH. But we have discussed this before. While I don’t believe they should sack Amber Sherlock from weather, I do believe that David Brown is Seven’s only advantage over Nine in Sydney.

2 Likes

Brett McLeod presenting Saturday First At Five News.Alicia Loxley presenting Melbourne 6pm bulletin as usual.

1 Like

Madeline Slattery presenting Melbourne weather this weekend.

2 Likes

Saturday (10.12.16) - Sunday (11.10.16): Zara James is presenting the weather this weekend in Queensland.

Despite what the promos for Cameron Williams’ return to Nine News Sydney Sport suggest, Georgie Gardner will be joining him on the desk tonight.

Presumably, Peter Overton has now gone on holidays and (presuming that the returning on the 3rd Sunday of January tradition of recent years is kept, of course) will return for 2017 on Sunday January 15.

3 Likes