Nine News Presenters and Reporters (2015-Sept 2020)

Samantha Heathwood ( who I believe will become Queensland’s local news presenter for SCA) is presenting Queensland’s local Morning and Afternoon News this week.

SCA?

Southern Cross Austereo

1 Like

Where’d you hear that?

I didn’t hear it, it is just an assumption. However a few months ago a report went around, saying Heathwood is being prepped to be the next anchor for 9 News Brisbane.

Video

1 Like

NRL is not big in Melbourne - it doesn’t rate and when you have limited air time, the powers at GTV want content that will pull an audience.

A dedicated NRL reporter would be a waste of resources. Sports journos are generally all rounders with an interest in most sports - they can get around rugby just as much as a general news person can be thrown on floods one day and Childcare funding the next.

3 Likes

I don’t understand the link between a radio network and Sam Heathwood a nine news reporter, herein the Nine News thread.
Is she leaving Nine News?

Yes, the real Ron Casey and Ken Sutcliffe have been the two iconic sports presenters for Nine News Sydney (Mike Gibson wasn’t on Nine News for as long as either of them iirc), and for many years Ken was the main anchor for Nine’s sports broadcasts. I remember Ken doing the updates in the early years of Wide World of Sport.

2 Likes

Southern Cross Austero also being the owner of the television licenses in regional QLD who recently became affliated with the 9 network.

It’s has been speculated that Sam is being put forward as a possible host of the new regional news bulletins being created by 9 for the SCA network.

1 Like

Thanks for the context. Makes sense now!

Natalia Cooper presenting Tuesday Morning News.

Justine Conway presenting weather again this week in Melbourne.

Kate Creedon presenting Early News this week.

3 Likes

Not a fan of Natalia :expressionless: , Justine is doing a great job presenting the national weather on the Afternoon News for the last week. Kate is another great presenter on the early morning bulletins. :smiley:

1 Like

I like Natalia Cooper as a presenter myself.

Yes, Amelia Adams is good but it’s nice to see some different talent fill in on the Morning/Afternoon News every now and again! :slight_smile:

3 Likes

National Morning News from Thursday 22 Sep: https://youtu.be/a0NayzwP_6Q

1 Like

Nine has some potential future national newsreaders from the current crop of presenters who have been working on Early News bulletin on a rotating basis in recent months.Kate Creedon, Tim Davies,Airlie Walsh, Cassandra Wood,Sophie Walsh amongst those who show some potential.

3 Likes

[quote=“SydneyCityTV, post:582, topic:148”]
Yes, Amelia Adams is good but it’s nice to see some different talent fill in on the Morning/Afternoon News every now and again.
[/quote]Nine has the best team of fill ins for national bulletins in my opinion, which we see on a weekly basis across all Nine’s daily news bulletins.

4 Likes

I personally don’t mind Natalia, she is a very good weather and IMO the best available at TCN for Nine News Sydney.

Wood is probably my favourite who presented the Early News who is listed, I would also add Casey Devin and Lara Vella to that list, both who have potential. I don’t really like Kate and Airlie that much, but then again Belinda Russell and Vicky Jardim are far worse yet they get more opportunities.

1 Like

Amelia Adams is presenting tonight’s special blackout edition of Nine News Adelaide, presumably from the Sydney studios because the Adelaide studios are offline.

6 Likes

Amelia Adams is presenting Thursday Morning News again this week, with Ben Fordham still on personal leave.

2 Likes