Nine News Presenters and Reporters (2015-Sept 2020)

Mark Burrows presenting national Morning News & Afternoon News today

1 Like

When did the local afternoon bulletins apparently stop?

We had a Melbourne Afternoon bulletin yesterday.

Sydney definitely haven’t had local news at 4pm all week.

Oh ok it’s been a local Afternoon bulletin in Melbourne this week

1 Like

I guess its interesting to compare the farewell Georgie got last night to the one she received when she left TODAY 3.5 years ago.

1 Like

Personally I would’ve liked to see a “farewell to Nine News” compilation played but if they decided to back away from doing anything that due to coverage of the incident in Melbourne that broke late in the afternoon, that’s perfectly understandable because self-indulgence wouldn’t have been appropriate for such a major news day.

4 Likes

Disagree, she’s not retiring or moving to an overseas network… Would be overboard IMO.

8 Likes

That’s what I was saying the other day. It’s just a transition. She’s not leaving the network or retiring. In fact you’ll see her more than we do at the moment.

3 Likes

Agree. There’s a good chance she could very well be back behind the news desk in the future.

Neil Breen presenting sport in Sydney on Friday & Saturday again this week.

1 Like

Mia Glover presented Gold Coast News tonight.

2 Likes

Brett McLeod presenting First At Five News and in Melbourne this weekend with Corey Norris presenting sport and Madeline Slattery presenting the weather.

2 Likes

Mark Burrows to present Nine News Sydney Tonight.

8 Likes

Mark will probably also be presenting the Christmas Day bulletin with Deb Knight returning on Tuesday night.

8 Likes

Mark is the type of reporter that should exude experience and credibility as a presenter, but his on screen delivery just doesn’t flow as well as say Peter Overton’s.

I still like watching him read the news though - there’s certainly worse presenters out there.

8 Likes

I personally think that Mark Burrows is the Chris Reason of the Nine Network. Far better at reporting than presenting IMO.

2 Likes

I am really enjoying Mark Burrows behind the news desk.
Wouldn’t be surprised at all to see him as the new 3rd newsreader with Deb stepping up into the #2 role.
At this time of year the #3 usually reads for a couple of weeks. It’s likely we could see him present for the next couple of weeks.

I think you’re right, and this might not have anything to do with it but he is one of only a few presenters that actually has a voice over from Peter Harvey.

3 Likes