jeopardy as well

For its “BIGGEST Block EVER!”? :joy:

2 Likes

human error and now stan shows

looks like stan will have more dramas than 9 itself lol

My goodness me :joy: MAFS with Tom Steinfort

All the information

Look at the set the Today team are on.

Not the first time they’ve used that set for promotional shots.

Very lacklustre upfronts overall.

2 Likes

Behind all the fanfare about the Olympics (which sounds great), nothing must-see here. The ‘new’ stuff seems very niche and I reckon quite a few of them won’t even make it to the screens like some of the shows promised for this year which are airing next year instead.

And then the same old reality: MAFS, Lego Masters (with a twist), The Summit, Parental Guidance, The Block, Love Island, Travel Guides.

3 Likes

All the same old garbage but will probably rate it’s head off because most viewers have no imagination, especially those in Sydney who seem to mostly ignore 10! :crazy_face:

3 Likes

Interesting to see them say Nine Newcastle and Northern Rivers will be on 9Now but no mention of the Tamworth/North West bulletin.

1 Like

At 1:50, the longest Upfront I can recall.

6 Likes

While the Olympics tended to dominate the Upfronts, I thought they were otherwise conservative and safe. I feel that FTA isn’t going to be taking too many risks with big new formats. The Summit getting a second season is surprising though we already knew about it. Viewers aren’t generally warming to unknown formats and are sticking with established brands. So renewing even underperforming franchises or finding a familiar face to front a limited run series seems to be the approach for 2024.

2 Likes

Considering upfronts are generally as underwhelming as a fast food burger, its quite an achievement when an upfront is uninspiring and that’s exactly what Nine has delivered.

It seems like to the exclusion of everything else, they’ve invested all of their time + energy into the Olympics, Paralympics and Tipping Point.

There was nothing to address the softness in their schedule that exists between when MAFS and The Block begins. Indeed, some of the announcements they made will likely only make it worse.

There was no sign of the show/s they’ll use the Olympics to launch.

There were no ‘game changing’/revolutionary announcements that will jumpstart Nine’s lineup.

For the past few years, Nine has felt like a network being operated in auto pilot and relying heavily that MAFS & The Block will continue to carry them. As their underperforming Q2 highlighted and as we’re seeing with The Block’s soft first few weeks though, that’s an approach that carries many risks. What’s been announced tonight does nothing to alleviate said risks.

6 Likes

This is the casting call for what looks like an American Version of Summit .

https://www.instagram.com/p/Cumq2aHr8Qu/?igshid=MzRlODBiNWFlZA==

What did they mention for gem ,go ,life,rush and 9now seems like nothing do they exist?

2024 is when Nine’s 9-year Olympic odyssey begins, that’s why the network spent 1/4 of today’s upfronts promoting its coverage of the Paris Games. Apart from that, it’s more of the same from this year.

There was no mention of any new projects from Stan (last year Nine revealed Bali 2002).

Next month’s ICC World Cup in India was the only cricket event included in Nine’s sporting line-up. That suggests that the FTA rights for ICC tournaments could be changing hands next year. There was no mention of Australia’s ODI and T20 tour of England in September next year either.

And we will have to wait a bit longer to find out if Nine will get its hands on the Melbourne Cup Carnival broadcast rights.

4 Likes

Looks like all the Drama goes on Stan now with little on 9

1 Like

No mention of the fast channels like Pedestrian TV etc either.

2 Likes

TV Blackbox has a story confirming new channels and new tv guide etc coming soon for 9Now

1 Like