Nine Network 2019

A pretty good mix overall and a lot of variety which is nice to see.

Not sure why Nine bothered to promote New Amsterdam or World of Dance. Both will flop hard. Dancing shows have been dead for ages here and a past it J Lo is not going to woo people. New Amsterdam won’t fare any better. Falling ratings in the US and coming along with a glut of medical shows will probably induce fatigue with the genre.

Talking 'bout your generation. Just no. It’s not going to happen. It’s had its day and doesn’t need to return again.

I can’t see them clawing back viewers to Ninja warrior and expect next one to be the last. I guess they have to try and save face though.

Still it’s a much more solid lineup than 2018, so I think Nine will do quite well.

1 Like

We haven’t seen Seven or Ten’s plans yet but the pressure is well and truly on them. Seven must do better than recent years with new commissions and tweak the ageing MKR and House Rules so that they don’t fizzle out opposite Nine and Ten’s newer, shinier offerings.

4 Likes

Ten will also be targeting Nine’s audience more then Seven’s it would seem.

Yes it’s been streaming same day as the US since the start. Not sure why Nine announced it as one of their summer shows for 9NOW.

Nine’s 2019 Line Up. Not shown here is Hamish & Andy’s “Perfect” Holiday, Murder, Lies and Alibis, Dynasties with David Attenborough, New Amsterdam and ABBA: Let the Music Speak.

5 Likes

Nine’s primetime schedule, otherwise known as EndemolShineTV.

5 Likes

Because it will continue throughout the summer when in the past most shows went on a break in non-ratings season.

Not quite.

Only MAFS, Lego Masters, Ninja Warrior and Family Food Fight are by Endemol Shine.

The Voice, Talkin’ Bout Your Generation, Love Island and SeaChange are all from ITV Studios.

Bad Mothers is from Jungle Entertainment.

Doctor Doctor is from Essential Media.

The Block is by Cavalier Productions

3 Likes

It was Endemol wasn’t it? I thought it then shifted in-house to Nine?

Yes from 2012-2015 then shifted to ITV. To the best of my knowledge I don’t believe Nine ever looked after it in-house.

ITV took over The Voice production from early 2017 after its parent company bought Talpa (which owns the original format) in mid 2016.

The first season has only been given 10 episodes and given how low its ratings are I cant see it getting any further episodes. So it will be finished at the end of November before summer begins.

You must have missed the news.

I was talking about I Fel Bad which has been streaming on 9NOW since September.

1 Like

The Ashes will help push up their overall share. When it was on Gem a few years ago they had consistently high shares.
ACA is Australia’s “most watched program”? How do they figure that?

The Herald Sun keeps on speculating about Sam Newman and Shane Warne co-hosting a new tonight show which would be broadcast nationally on the Nine Network in 2019.

And would have no one watching. I couldn’t think of two more unlikeable people.

3 Likes

Sounds like a Sky News after dark lineup.

1 Like

Nine announced two shows at its Perth upfronts last night: mini series Halifax: Retribution as well as a new short form video series The Block 365 to be distributed via 9Now and social media. The first series will be eight-part Quick Room Flips with Ronnie & Georgia. The couple competed on The Block in 2017.