Nine Network 2018

Sad to see Here come the Habibs cancelled, always thought that show was very funny.

1 Like

Married at First Sight will have a follow-up discussion show on 9Life next year, with the working title of The Sweet Spot. It’s 9Life’s first commissioned TV show.

The Olivia Newton-John mini-series is screening on Seven in 2017.

c21 reports Nine has picked up DIY shows Backyard Builds (8×30’), $ave My Reno (14×30’) and Worst to First (10×60’).

In my opinion it’s a good decision by Nine. We’ve seen multichannels make or break a network’s performance many nights this year.

Over in the UK it’s quite common for ITV to premiere its trashier content on ITV2 or ITVBe. The main ITV can then be freed up to air more mainstream content.

I think first run content on multichannels should be supported.

3 Likes

As long as there is enough content on the main channel.

Realscreen reports Nine has bought the rights to The Bubble Wrap Boy, which follows Mithun Chauhan, a 16-year-old Indian boy with a rare genetic condition that gives him large swollen lumps over his face and body.

Mediaweek reports award-winning web comedy series Method will be shown on 9GO! and 9Now next year. Method (6x10’) is created by and stars Jerome Velinsky and Tawni Bryant.

Oh no…

https://www.instagram.com/p/BasfMb7FY67/?taken-by=soniakruger

Call the Midwife and Death in Paradise reruns are currently showing on 9Gem, will this mean that new (to free to air) episodes will be on Nine and not ABC?

Not necessarily. 9Gem has second run rights to both shows and I think this will continue.

1 Like

Let me guess.

dramatic orchestral music plays as the Nine god-voice proclaims a show to be the biggest something of 2018

5 Likes

I don’t recall Young Sheldon being mentioned at the upfronts for Nine in 2018

2 Likes

Must be a recent acquisition. Don’t think it was in the original cut of the 2018 promo, but it’s there now.

2 Likes

Saw the updated 2018 promo tonight after cricket finished tonight, and it did mention Young Sheldon.

1 Like

That’s what @Bort said.

2 Likes

New promo aired tonight during Carols by Candlelight which seems to indicate the shows that will premiere on the week of January 29 next year besides Married at First Sight. The titles include Travel Guides season 2, and the debuts of Blue Planet II, Underbelly Files: Chopper and Date Night.

WTFN will make a 10-part one hour factual series on Victoria’s paramedics for Nine. Filming starts next month. This was not announced at Nine’s upfronts last year.

Did any of you see a Promo Tonight for New US Event Series Timeless??? It Premiered back in October 2016 but Australia have been waiting for far too long to see it.

1 Like

Timeless promo here: