Nine Entertainment Co

Have you watched ABC lately or at least in the last 6 months or so, if you have then you’ll “get it”

But what is “it” ?

And yes, pretty much daily.

You can still be saved but I’ll let you figure it out :wink:

You expect the ABC to be partisan to either side of politics by hosting a fundraiser?

How can they print Independent Always beneath the masthead of their daily papers, yet host a fundraiser for the Liberal Party?

5 Likes
5 Likes

The one thing I don’t understand about this story is why are only reporters from Nine’s newspaper division speaking up. I have a hard time believing no one at Nine News doesn’t have any concerns/problems about their company hosting a political fundraiser…

3 Likes

The Australian front page tomorrow:

1 Like

it’s a bit rich of The Australian questioning Nine’s “independent” stance.

4 Likes

They’re probably fuming they didn’t get to host the event! :slight_smile:

4 Likes

And an SMH journalists came crying to Aunty. As they say, birds of the same feather, flock together.

1 Like

Hugh Marks responding to concerns raised by Nine newspapers group editor James Chessell:

https://twitter.com/bencubby/status/1169142024689377280?s=19

2 Likes

So is that Marks putting blame solely on… Costello?

1 Like

how do you get that?

1 Like

Marks and Costello should resign; clearly they thought it was a good idea and they need to go if Nine want to at all dispute Simon Birmingham’s statement that Nine are LNP supporters.

1 Like

Well somebody was in charge / gave the final approval? Therefore Marks himself saying it was a “mistake” is laughable isn’t it. (Sorry if Im not wording it right)

2 Likes

That could have still have been Marks

1 Like

If so that’s embarrassing

I agree that there are likely to be people at Nine News who’d have serious reservations about a political fundraiser being held in their studios.

But remember who the state MP for the seat of Willoughby is again? :wink:

1 Like