Nice Bastille Day Attack

[quote=“Salty, post:20, topic:1560, full:true”]
Today starting at 6am tomorrow morning.
[/quote] Probably would have been good to have Pete co-hosting this weekend. If I were them, with Mike Amor on Weekend Sunrise, I would drop Stevie’s appearance tomorrow in place of someone more experienced and with some journalistic skills.

1 Like

Ten won’t and can’t cover this. They simply don’t have the resources. They’re a disaster area. The news room is lucky to be open by 9am in the morning.

And of course they have no reporters in Europe and will struggle to ring up a freelancer and get them to do some sort of coverage for 5pm.

3 Likes

And they don’t care IMO. I suppose Studio 10 just briefly touched on it.

Seven had rolling coverage in Perth until 12noon simulcasting CNN at times

Saying they don’t care is a bit ridiculous, as CMO has said numerous times they just don’t have the resources and journalists to cover this adequately outside of their flagship 5pm bulletin. Of course they care, you’d be hard pressed to find anyone who didn’t care about the poor people who lost their lives in this attack.

Studio 10 in my opinion did the right thing, they brought viewers the news they needed to know as it was unfolding and as developments came to hand however they provided a point of difference from the rolling coverage on the other networks for those who didn’t want to watch the repetitive footage/analysis/experts for some fun light hearted viewing.

I know what I would have rather watched.

2 Likes

IMO, if any other network was in Ten’s situation it would not have taken them more than 5 years to recover. I think if they tried they could have the resource. Yes they are improving this year but they hardly have adequate resources for their flagship bulletin let alone outside 5pm.

[quote=“killy06, post:25, topic:1560”]
Studio 10 in my opinion did the right thing, they brought viewers the news they needed to know as it was unfolding and as developments came to hand however they provided a point of difference from the rolling coverage…
[/quote] I wasn’t criticising Studio 10, just know they can do rolling coverage really well.

In this instance they need people on the ground…there are many Aussie tourists in Nice and France at this time and if they had a Europe correspondent they could easily just jump on a short flight to the south of France.

My point is ten need the resources. They need to cover news properly. They were doing such a great job then some shit heads came there and ripped the guts out of the news division.

I still don’t know why they haven’t introduced new bulletins. It’s greater content.

3 Likes

Seven’s Afternoon News in Melbourne;

5 Likes

Seven is airing its local bulletins in both Melbourne and Brisbane.

Ten Eyewitness News Melbourne;

4 Likes

Sydney

3 Likes

3 Likes

Seven News Melbourne;

4 Likes

Channel 7 referred to Ben Terry as ‘Former 7News reporter’.

2 Likes

Karl Stefanovic will be reporting from Nice for Today, Nine News and 60 Minutes over the next few days.

2 Likes

Ten News and 7 News in Adelaide:

4 Likes

Ill upload Nine’s 11am-1pm coverage tomorrow.

1 Like

9News Melbourne did not use the normal theme for the outro tonight.

2 Likes

Looking at Ben’s Linkedln profile he worked at Seven from 2006-2013,first in Queensland then Adelaide .