Newton’s Law

Indeed. There are quite a few well-known actors in the cast and they hardly had any screen time at all.

Toby Schmitz alongside Claudia Karvan has a big role in the show.

Brett Tucker is shown in promo shots as one of the main three cast members but as Claudia Karvan’s ex-husband, he barely featured.

Georgina Naidu is such an underated actress in this country and again underused here.

Sean Keenan has been pretty good in previous roles. Not sure what they were trying to do with his character but he came across as weak and odd in this episode.

Andrew McFarlane. Jane Hall and Freya Stafford were also really underused.

Miranda Tapsell didn’t even feature yet.

1 Like

I’ve given this program multiple attempts, but have now given up.
It has a very tired “been there - done that” feel about it.
The only bright spot is Sean Keenan who lights up the screen when he in in shot - a star in the making, I think.
Can’t imagine in my wildest dreams how Andrew MacFarlane’s dippy character rose to be head of chambers.
Claudia Karvan is Claudia Karvan - she does well with the material she is given, but at the end of the day it’s nothing special.

In the episode where they just focused on the court cases I think it was good. The rest of them have been a mess of scenes and characters. If they had just concentrated on the upstairs downstairs aspect of the show it could have been a winner. Agree about Sean Keenan.

ABC has signed a distribution deal with RLJ Entertainment’s Acorn brand, allowing Newton’s Law to be streamed on Acorn TV in North America later this year.

Looks like Newton’s Law won’t be coming back.