New Zealand Radio

Mike that is

The australian aircheck site radio antenna.com looks to have been relaunched i lnow its not the same as radio vault but might be a substitute

The australian aircheck site radio antenna.com

That redirects to a site about aerials and wifi equipment.

1 Like

Sorry will recheck the link i found it on google once before

1 Like

Anyone see OJ is leaving?

His job was advertised last month, so it looks like they will be keeping it local.

Good to see some local shows are still around

Good to see some local shows are still around

But for how long? I never thought stations like Fifeshire - local 24 hours a day - would be networked. But look at More FM Nelson today, hardly any local stuff at all. Ditto Sounds FM in Blenheim. Sad really.

I think if they had kept the format More FM Auckland had in the late 90s/early 00s, they would be quite good to listen to. But the playlist on More FM seems to be quite narrow and (IMO) bland. No disrespect to the hosts who are trying to do their best - just their format is crap.

It was a sad day when Steven Joyce sold the stations to Canwest.
Not sure if this has been posted in here previously, but here’s a good history of how we got to where we are:

3 Likes

Interesting article.

Steven joyce has just written his memoirs and there is a chapter that touches on his time in the radio landscape

That article on steven joyce was great…i didnt realise he played such a big part in the formation of the radio stations we know today
Imagine if he hadnt what would it look like today
I laughed at the bit where he stood by nik and rog at the rock fm when he was advised to get rid of them for being risque
Now roger has notched up over 30 years in the same slot at the rock

‘New’ More FM Southland breakfast show for 2024
IMG_4282

More FM Nelson have also dropped their local day show. The Breeze is now the only station left with a local show (breakfast) in the region.

More FM Nelson have also dropped their local day show. The Breeze is now the only station left with a local show (breakfast) in the region.

They must have seen my post above! :cry:

Murray lindsay starts 10 to 3 on magic week after next

1 Like

Returning to his old slot where he used to host with Gretchen. Still weird how it’s a single host but he’s got plenty of experience in the time so it should be a pretty good listen.

Quite interesting going through the More FM website to see the daytime changes, some seem to take the network day show while they are looking for a local replacement. Wellington day show also gone for now, but Queesntown/Central Otago has reinstated it as a local shift.

Queesntown/Central Otago has reinstated it as a local shift.

You mean with Joel Palmer? That’s been there for ages - unless you mean the one with Amber (just looking at their page), but I thought that came out of Canterbury?

Any idea of the other timeslots?