New Zealand Radio

Yes typo archive is def the word i wanted

She would be a good host of breakfast should mike hosking ever stand aside but i assume thats not in tfw short term plans

The sympathy I may have had for them earlier is now lost. Going scorched earth on several fantastic uploads all for a little more revenue. A stupid, stupid move all around.

(Particularly hurt by the loss of the great 2XS Millennium aircheck I shared last night in the NZ Radio History thread, was one of my favorites from them.)

3 Likes

Can you give me a link to that thread? This site is a nightmare to navigate

Jacque Tucker has finished up doing breakfast on The Breeze Hawkes Bay, returning to More FM Rodney breakfast with Nick Rado.

millsy: try this one:

Also I’m fairly sure Jacque was on Times FM/More not that long ago with Brent Harbour, wasn’t she?

As for the Radio Vault I’m sure there’s a reason they’ve done what they did - I just wonder what it was.

2 Likes

Sweet. Got it. Thanks for that.

She also did breakfast with andrew dickens on 97.4 in auckland way back when

Seen a few clips online promoting the matty and pj show on the hits for 2024

2 Likes

Taking over the network breakfast role this year, heard it on a station promo/liner.

1 Like

Sounds like he will still host his online radio show on the country station.

2 Likes

Was he not goung to france or he is still going there

1 Like

Unknown at this stage, they promote it as a more music breakfast show so must be fairly basic in its format, perhaps he can do it remotely.

2 Likes

Since Mike Puru is taking over as The Breeze’s breakfast host in 2024, I have a question to ask.

What’s going to happen to Robert & Jeanette (Auckland) and other localised breakfast hosts, e.g. Stu & Camille (Waikato), Jolene & Max (Tauranga), Martin & Jacque (Hawke’s Bay), Burnzee (Manawatu), Steve & Shelley (Wellington), Blair Kiddey (Nelson), Hilary & Fitzy (Christchurch), OJ (South Canterbury) and Damian & Hannah (Dunedin)?

What’s going to happen to Robert & Jeanette (Auckland) and other localised breakfast hosts, e.g. Stu & Camille (Waikato), Jolene & Max (Tauranga), Martin & Jacque (Hawke’s Bay), Burnzee (Manawatu), Steve & Shelley (Wellington), Blair Kiddey (Nelson), Hilary & Fitzy (Christchurch), OJ (South Canterbury) and Damian & Hannah (Dunedin)?

Jeez I hope they don’t all go, that would be a TONNE of redundancies paid out there, as well as a LOT of experience walking out the door.

Maybe they’ll do it a la Classic Hits - for centres without a local show, Mike does a generic show for them, and the other centres keep their local hosts instead?

She also did breakfast with andrew dickens on 97.4 in auckland way back when

Yes I remember that, then I think she moved to Wanaka and maybe Hawke’s Bay somewhere in the middle, then Orewa?

1 Like

Nothing, its business as usual for those shows. He is hosting the breakfast show that they broadcast into markets without the local shows you mentioned above.

That is the case already for The Breeze.

2 Likes

Indeed - I can’t remember who was most recently doing the network breakfast though

Justin Rae?

That’s him

I remember when the breeze was 1st launched we had the two robbiea robert scott and robert rakete
I can imagine robert rakete not going anytime soon
From auckland show
Here in chch dave and Hillary have a loyal and strong following