Network Ten post-CBS

It’s been on since Ten got the CBS contract.

It airs Monday to Friday on the main channel from 4:30-6:00am.

1 Like

Yes I saw it, just thought it had only come in the last couple of weeks.

1 Like

CBS This Morning has been there for years, Ten used to air The Early Show before it got replaced by CBS This Morning.

1 Like

iPhone X

Perhaps CBS should jump on the PR bandwagon and revive the X logo for Ten :grin:

10 Likes

A post was merged into an existing topic: Ten Network Holdings

While talking about the forthcoming CBS sports streaming service, Les Moonves talked up the CBS commitment to broadcast television. And:

If the Fox owned broadcast television stations and Fox network are not considered “core assets” for 21st Century Fox by Lachlan Murdoch, why is he himself trying to buy a rundown broadcast television network in Australia (that he helped run into the ground)?

8 Likes

For those with dreams of a Ten This Morning, I stumbled upon this from WBNS-TV in Columbus, Ohio. Very similar logo to the numerical Ten that pops up here.

!WBNS-TV_Logo

24 Likes

While we’re on the topic of U.S. stations, can someone please explain to me how their LCNs work over there?

WBNS-TV (above) for example, has channel 10.1 for CBS and 10.2 for Decades. How do decimal LCNs work?

2 Likes

From what I understand, most remote controls on TVs in the USA have decimal point buttons, and if a subchannel isn’t entered it defaults to the ‘.1’ subchannel.

Compare that to the Australian remote which has teletext buttons on it instead.

11 Likes

As a teaser, we could potentially get The Emmy’s broadcast live on CBS All Access this time next year (assuming no conflict in current rights)

2 Likes

I like your thinking, except The Emmy’s are going to be on NBC next year (the four big networks rotate). The Grammy’s, however, are on CBS, although as you say, Foxtel might take issue with that. Might have also got something like People’s Choice Awards, although that has moved to E! too.

2 Likes

But they have a contract with Foxtel to show it live so they would lose maoney that way. Unless the relationship with Foxtel becomes completely toxic and CBS breaks all ties.

Oh, I didn’t realise they rotated networks. Still, I would pay for a “platform” that contained a channel’s live shows & sport as well as catchup, without ads. For example, I really only watch ABC and TEN and maybe Nine during The Block season. So, I’d rather pay for those “platforms” at around $10 each, plus Netflix, rather then subscribe to a hundred unused Foxtel channels.

I think this is the way of the future, especially if a network gets a hit show that users would want to subscribe to (eg. The Block or Big Brother).

2 Likes

Let’s not get too excited… we have to wait til tomorrow when hopefully the judge kicks our Murdoch and Gordon.

4 Likes

then we party?

I have just been reading CBS schedule on tvguide.com and from what I can see they have certain shows at certain times for example weekdays 6am til 6:30am morning news, 7am til 9am CBS This Morning, 11:00 am – 12:00 pm The Price Is Right, 12:30 pm – 1:30 pm The Young and the Restless, 1:30 pm – 2:00 pm The Bold and the Beautiful, 2:00 pm – 3:00 pm The Talk, 3:00 pm - 4:00 pm Let’s Make a Deal, 6:30pm Evening News and 8pm til 11pm block programming featuring show such as Big Bang Theory and Kevin Can Wait, 11:30pm til 1:30am Late Show/Late Late Show and the rest of the schedule lists local programming in the other times not listed.

Obviously, CBS would not move any shows that are successful in their current timeslots and would probably look at localised editions of shows such as The Price is Right and Lets Make A Deal. Perhaps CBS will change the early evening schedule to place those 2 game shows in the early evening (5pm til 6pm) and maybe place Ten News at 6pm or 6:30pm, followed by The Project with Family Feud either at 6pm or 7pm. The show immediately before Ten News could be replaced by WIN with Local News in those markets where Local News is produced. And depending on the how relations are between CBS and WIN, perhaps CBS could save some money and air WIN All Australian News in the early hours. CBS may also encourage WIN to re-brand it to become TEN.

Again all speculation, IF, Ten becomes CBS owned

3 Likes

Not obvious at all. What works in America doesn’t necessarily work here. Plus, some of the CBS shows you listed are shown here on other channels or other channels have the rights. You can’t just turn Ten into an Australian affiliate of CBS. It would fail. Look at how poorly all the American shows rate in prime time in Australia compared to America.

7 Likes

I think you misread what I wrote, what I was saying is any show that is rating well in its slot such as Bold and The Beautiful, Judge Judy, Dr Phil and Studio 10 would probably remain untouched and ultimately, yes some CBS shows are on Nine etc now, but if TEN becomes a wholly owned subsidiary of CBS, then the likelihood is a duplication of American shows subject to timeslot availability.

ontvtonight.com/guide is also a good resource I find.

It will be interesting to see if CBS treat Ten as a youth station or make it an Aussie CBS clone. I would love to see the later evolve.

1 Like