Network Ten and Paramount+ Football coverage

Why are they playing today’s match in Melbourne?

Why wouldn’t they @Jack_Laverty? It’s Western United at home.

2 Likes

Oh. haha whoops, My bad I was thinking Of Western Sydney Wanderers. You can tell I’m not an A league supporter. lol

3 Likes

WSW…second on the screen…

2 Likes
3 Likes

The behaviour of a small element at last night’s football was disgusting but there is no way the rest of Victory’s supporters should be penalised for it. 10/Paramount should just broadcast matches and leave the punishment and comments against these disgusting individuals to the authorities. No need for such over-reaction, just ban all flares and there was no need for the flare being thrown back into the crowd!

This had nothing to do with the moving of the Grand finals to Sydney it was a re-action by an ugly mob to the flare.

On the other hand, good on 10 for standing up for its employee who was assaulted last night.

8 Likes

I agree 100%. He was an innocent bystander in all of this mess. I am just a bit upset by it all as a Victory fan. As long as Paramount keep broadcasting my matches I’ll be fine (too old and too far away to go anymore) but it would be a shame if all those who go to the matches are banned because of an idiotic few. If the club shoulders the blame so should security for allowing flares into the ground.

Aren’t they already banned?

1 Like

I could be completely wrong but I may have heard that there were some people in the crowd who ran onto the field that may already be banned but as I said I have no idea if that’s correct.

1 Like

Sorry, I probably didn’t express myself properly. I meant the innocent spectators, including those who go with their children would be banned from going if Victory have to play behind closed doors. All because of the behaviour of approx. 150 thugs!

That’s the punishment that the club should get for fostering a violent and repulsive environment amongst their supporters.

1 Like

That’s a fairly big statement. I don’t believe that the club is especially fond of or happy with what these people have done.

You say that like it’s a small number.

They wouldn’t be, but they’ve also not done enough to stamp out elements of the fan culture that have leant towards the European ultras for some time.

3 Likes

Considering the poor quality of the A-league and low attendances , TV audiences , this incident won’t help it’s cause at all.

10 Bold will show the Boxing Day clash between Western United and Melbourne Victory live from AAMI Park at 6pm AEDT. Whether this match goes ahead depends on Football Australia’s announcement of sanctions against Victory after last Saturday’s pitch invasion.

Note that there are no matches on Christmas Day.

UPDATE:

The A-League Women matches between Adelaide United v Wellington Phoenix at Coopers Stadium on Tuesday December 27 and Western United v Newcastle Jets at City Vista Recreation Reserve on Wednesday December 28 have been called off due to forecast extreme heat weather, and will be rescheduled.

4 Likes
2 Likes
2 Likes

Good to see P+ giving exposure to the minnows as well as the tradtional big clubs like Newcastle, Chelsea, Arsenal, Man City, Man Utd, Tottenham and Liverpool

1 Like

They don’t make the broadcasts.