Network Ten and Paramount+ Football coverage

Wonder whether 10 would/will consider airing an A-League doubleheader on Saturday 8th January 2022 and/or Saturday 5th February? The reason why I mention both of those dates is they’re the weekends when the 3rd (when the Premier League teams enter the comp) and 4th Rounds of the FA Cup are scheduled to be held.

If 10 wanted to, they could have a 7:30pm/9:30pm AEST A-League doubleheader leading into the early FA Cup game.

3 Likes

Les Murray hosted football on the 0-10 network before the move to SBS

2 Likes

I doubt it sadly, but we’ll have to see. That would be amazing!

The fact that that would be possible though just highlights a potential real strength of having sold the rights to the one company (and having a rolling fixture) ie the flexibility to be simultaneously proactive, reactive and creative with the fixturing and broadcasting.

Am I imagining this or in the past did there used to be one day a season where they played 4/5 A-league matches back to back?

It’d be great to get that on New Years Day or something with 10 showing a match before and after the news.

1 Like

Glad that the FA Cup has been announced, and going to Ten (and Paramount+, i guess). A double header on Saturday nights would be ideal (A League + FA Cup).

With little football coverage on fta of late (apart from the World Cups, SBS has lacked a bit of late), im happy that the world game is back on our screens.

2 Likes

A podcast “Football Companion” has been announced for 10Speaks.

2 Likes

Source?

I saw it on TVTonight. Looks like it was part of a media release.

That right, it was at the bottom of 10’s press release in the 10 Speaks announcements which TV.Cynic posted in the 10 Upfronts 2022 thread pinned at the top of the site.

I also posted about it here Podcasts - #244 by killy06

3 Likes

Saw the FA cup announced on 10’s football lineup on MediaSpy last night before the Upfronts

1 Like

Someone from 10 added the FA Cup details to the schedule on 10play before the Upfronts today which is where the information came from.

2 Likes

Saw the promo tonight during the first episode of The Bachelorette. Brilliant clip.

3 Likes

Fantastic clip! ALM 2021-22 MD1 is 3.5 weeks away

2 Likes
2 Likes

Some further context and the subsequent tweets would help here.

1 Like

A bit careless on 10’s part if Central Coast Mariners have been omitted altogether in the latest promo. The four clubs mentioned in the second tweet deserve more than just three seconds each.

2 Likes

Will Ten be at the ground on Saturday night or hosting from studio?

1 Like

Calling from the ground definitely, I believe they will be hosting from the ground, although they might not. They are still deciding whether to make a habit of having the studio as the hub, given there could be multiple panelists in other states.

Foxy, I can’t see it anywhere listed on Bold even on my EPG.

3 Likes