Network Ten and Paramount+ Football coverage

Ok, only about a week ago. I saw the article on Mediaweek in the Ten Bold thread.

Surprised it wasn’t mentioned anywhere else.

Thanks for clarifying.

Friday 5:00 am AEDT

2 Likes

Very interesting

1 Like

So despite what was being reported she is leaving Fox Sports.

Maybe she’s headed to 10/Paramount or Stan for their UEFA coverage?

1 Like

:eyes:

I’m tipping that Tara will be joining 10/Paramount+.

When Stan put out a press release about a week ago, they specifically stated that the additions of Ed Kavalee and Alicia Ferguson completed their “full UEFA Champions League football content and commentary lineup”. They’ve got seven people on their books (which I personally think is overkill for just the UEFA and Champions League), so I would be surprised if they signed an additional media personality for their coverage.

Tara Rushton’s departure from Fox Sports would have been in the works for a while and I think if she were to be joining Stan, word would have got out about it by now. We would have some sort of confirmation. “Full” is the keyword in that press release. When Bozza was announced as having joined Stan, he was referred to as being the “newest member” of the coverage team. The choice of wording was completely different in that press release to the one I linked in the first paragraph.

I’m probably reading into all this way too much, but that’s how I see things playing out anyway. :stuck_out_tongue:

3 Likes

let’s us say Tara Rushtopn joins 10/Paramount. What do people think she will do for their Football broadcast. E.g. Matildas & Women’s A-League.

1 Like

She will more than likely have the same role that Scott McKinnon currently has on Ten’s Soccerroos broadcasts; be the main host of the coverage. On Fox Sports, she was in the hosting chair for the A-League Mens coverage for years, and she was also the host of “Shootout”.

Given that the A-League has recently rebranded to try and promote equality between the men’s and the women’s leagues, I think it would be a smart move for Ten to appoint her to be the host of both the A-League Men’s and A-League Women’s coverage. Scott McKinnon could continue to host the Socceroos broadcasts (and presumably the Matildas coverage as well). I would love to see Adam Peacock sign-on with 10/Paramount+ as well, but I have my doubts it will ever happen.

4 Likes

isn’t Niav Owens hosting 10’s Matildas broadcast. Scott Mackinnon hosts Ten’s magazine program for the Matildas.

1 Like

A-League Men to now be known as the Isuzu UTE A-League Men for the next three season.
A-League Women naming rights to be announced shortly.

It will be shown live on 10 Bold from 8.30pm AEDT.

Join us for the FIFA World Cup Asian Qualifiers when the Socceroos take on Japan live from Saitama Stadium in Japan.

1 Like

It seems like someone has already edited Wiki and put Tara Rushton as host of A-League Mens.

I hope they give Tara Rushton a bigger pie to host outside of Football.

inevitably someone here, based on past experiences.

3 Likes

A fanboy no doubt :joy:

1 Like

I have never known for it to be a person on here.

4 Likes

Thought Niav Owens did a good job again today.

3 Likes

Could we see her and other ten soccer presenters part of the Melbourne Cup presenting team?

Probably not. The team has already been announced.

Plus they are all in Sydney.

1 Like
1 Like