Mock Schedules

Not a fan of Bachelor in Paradise against Married. Its completely a suicide.

Also not sure about two seasons of Survivor.

Also not sure about Big Brother 3 times a week. Seems a little pointless.

I like the idea of your saturdays.

I like the chaser idea however I am not sure they would go to 10.

Following your format this is how I would look to do next year on 10.

6:30 THe Project (every night)
7:30
Weeks 1-5 I’m a Celebrity
Week 6-14 The Big Painting Challenge (Sunday), Survivor Australia (Monday-Tuesday), The Circle (Wednesday-Thursday)
Week 15-23 Dancing with the Stars (Sunday), The Apprentice Australia (Monday-Tuesday), The Bachelor (Wednesday-Thursday)
Week 24-30 Last Comic Standing Australia (Sunday), The Amazing Race Australia (Monday-Tuesday), The Bachelorette (Wednesday-Thursday)
Week 31-Week 42 Rupauls Drag Race Australia (Sunday), Masterchef (Monday-Thursday)
Week 43-Week 50 The Masked Singer, Come Dine With Me Australia (Monday-Thursday)
Friday - The Living Room
Saturday - This Week Live - hosted by Tommy Little

8:30
Sunday - Hughsey and continuation of the 7:30 program
Monday - Dirty Laundry Live, HYBPA
Tuesday - Tuesday Act - Hosted by Courtney Act, Ambulance Australia, One Born Every Minute, Police Australia,
Wednesday - Bachelor in Paradise, Australian Drama/Sitcoms
Thursday - Bachelor in Paradise, Gogglebox, Trial By Kyle, Antiques Walkabout (I would convince Foxtel to split the gogglebox seasons in 3 and have 8 episodes in each rather than 10)
Friday - Graham Norton/Encores
Saturday - 48 Hours Australia

I think, that that having 2 season of Aus Survivor in that mock is based on the strong rumour that there will be two seasons next year - a returning player season (“All-Star”, “Second Chance”, “Clash of Survivor Titans”… whatever silly name they want to give it) and a new player season (that hopefully won’t be Champions V Contenders again).

I love Survivor and I do agree - having two Aus seasons will be an overload - not only for casual audiences (we do tend to see a decline in viewership for franchises that run multiple times a year from fatigue), I could see super fans getting Survivor’ed out - from having 5 seasons to follow next year - 2 American seasons (one being a rumoured “Clash of Champions” (all winnners)), a Sth African season and 2 Aus seasons (which run 2-3 times a week) - I will still likely watch it all but there’s a chance that I’ll be Survivor’ed out by the end.

I hope that this is a one-off to allow an All-Star season to happen, while also having a regular season, and that future years will only have one yearly season.

See I thought the rumors were they were just moving the season forward rather than having 2 seasons and the reason for All Stars season was because they didn’t have enough time to cast before filming.

What if Ten did this
Week 37-40
Sunday
7:30pm Big Brother Daily Show
8:15pm Big Brother Eviction Show
9:30pm US Drama

Monday-Thursday
8:30pm (Mon)HYBPA?; (Tues) Body Hack; (Wed) The Bachelorette; (Thurs) The Bachelorette
9:30pm (Mon) The Chaser; (Tues) The Final Siren; (Wed) Big Brother Adults Only; (Thurs) Gogglebox

Friday
7:30pm The Living Room
8:30pm Big Brother Daily Show
9:30pm Big Brother: True Confessions - Interview with the weeks evictee

Saturday
7:00pm Big Brother Saturday Night Games

Week 41-50
Sunday
8:15pm Big Brother Eviction Show

Monday-Thursday
8:30pm (Mon)HYBPA?; (Tues) Lisa Wilkinson Presents; (Wed) Australian Drama/Sitcom; (Thurs) Ambulance Australia
9:30pm (Mon) The Chaser; (Tues) The Final Siren; (Wed) Big Brother Adults Only; (Thurs) US Drama

Friday
7:30pm The Living Room
9:30pm Big Brother: True Confessions - Interview with the weeks evictee

Saturday
7:00pm Big Brother Saturday Night Games

I think the Big Brother Daily show could be used as content on Peach. Although Adults Only could be a great addition at 22.30 on 10 or even 21.30 on Peach.

As much as I am a fan of Big Brother and it is valuable in terms of holes it can fill in a schedule. I just don’t think its the right move by 10. Firstly, 10 want a new big hit. Big Brother will never be a hit again its days are done. Yes it could provide a stable audience but is that really what 10 want? I don’t think so. Secondly, there are so many formats that are reinventing this genre of TV. I think 10 should look at those franchises and see if a local version could work here. The Circle in the UK was very popular. And although it could be expensive it could be a the type of hit 10 need.

1 Like

Maybe Ten need to look at franchises it can screen 1 to 2 days a week rather than slated franchises. I agree with @R17TV that Big Brother could be a good fit for 10Peach with possibly Big Brother Adults Only screening first on 10 at 8:30pm Saturday with an encore at 10:30pm on 10Peach on the same night

I have been thinking that 10 could launch its own uniquely named weekly current affairs program called Eyewitness. If 7 tried to take 10 to court over the similarities to the now defunct 7 program Witness, then 10 has the argument that Eyewitness has been part of 10’s brand image for decade re Ten Eyewitness News. This could be in addition to 48 Hours Australia in same way that 10 had Public Eye and Page One on the late 1980s

48 Hours Australia could be a look at specific events whereas Eyewitness could be more like 60 Minutes and Sunday Night

I like elements of this proposal:

1. No Infomercials on the main channel - The only problem would be whether the companies behind the infomercials would be willing to accept them being moved to a secondary channel. One possible solution would be 10 Peach adding 1 hour to overnight infomercials and 1 and a half hours during the morning (possibly 9:30am to 11am) and 10Bold screening 2 hours of infomercials overnight every night and 1 hour every morning (possibly at 11am).

2. A news and talk continuum between Midnight and 11am weekdays - although I am not sure about The Breakfast Project. I would favour a direct feed of the full 3 hours of TVNZ’s Breakfast followed by 10 Early News First at 7am followed by Studio 10 at 8am - possibly til 10:30am with 10 Morning News First and cooking shows 11am til midday

3. Instead of The Talk at 1pm, screen a talk show such as Kerri Anne. I feel that Studio 10 has enough talent to keep viewers interested. Some special guests could be Chris Bath and Susie Elelman. I would follow it with a 2 hour game show bloc - a mix of US and Australian - possibly The Price is Right (US Edition), Jeopardy (US Edition) and Celebrity Name Game (or whatever game show is produced for early evenings on 10Peach)

4. A News/Current Affairs bloc between 5pm and 7:30pm with an exit point for WIN News markets (possibly a public affairs show such as State Edition (or State Affair) at 6pm or 6:30pm. Possible option

5pm 10 News First
6:00pm State Edition
6:30pm 10 News First @6:30
7:00pm The Project

1. Prime time (7:30pm til 10:30pm) I would keep programs similar program structure to currently screening

2. Late nights (10:30pm til 2am) I would screen the following

10:30pm US Drama
11:30pm Ten News Late (or The Project -encore)
12:00am Late Show
1:00am Late Late Show
2:00am CBS This Morning

Unfortunately this schedule won’t happen because I doubt infomercials would move off the main channel.

However, it would be good if 10Bold aired either CBS This Morning (possibly 2am til 4am) and the 10 screened TVNZ’s Breakfast 4am til 6am (or 7am) or 10 Bold screened TVNZ’s Breakfast from 4am til 6am (or 7am) and possibly encore CBS This Morning from 9am on 10Bold

2 Likes

There’s definitely room for some more CBS integration. Game shows, talk shows, morning shows can all cheaply fill timeslots that don’t rate as well, or don’t need to be high cost.

I do think that an Aussie network should try to pickup NZ Breakfast as it gives actual LIVE news from 4am (3am where DST doesn’t overlap) without the need for a newsroom to be up and running for what would probably mean 24/7. NZ is close enough to Australia that the international news coverage should be similar, and it wouldn’t hurt us to get some more extensive coverage of NZ news.

I go back and forth with the Breakfast Project, but my thinking was the following:

The Project becomes a weekday show 7pm to 8pm with Carrie, Waleed and Pete. Does its usual thing.
The breakfast project is also a weekday show 7am to 8am/9am. Takes the breakfast/morning show mould and tweaks it. Presented by Lisa, Hamish and Tommy on weekdays.

All 6 presenters (and even the regular guests) would file long form reports for the Sunday Project, either 20, 30 or 60 minutes long, which would be a take on Sunday Night/60 minutes, allowing those longer form journalist pieces we see currently to be condensed for the weekday shows, or just promo’d for Sundays.

1 Like

I agree here. 10Bold would be great for such a move, more so if 10 were to do a retro channel called 10Retro (possibly use a record and a CD for the 0 and the o) and move shows like Diagnosis Murder, Jake and the Fatman, Hogans Heroes, Star Trek, Happy Days and Get Smart to the new channel.

10Retro could have infomercials at say 1:30am to 3am, 5am til 6am and maybe 8:30am til 10am each day (possibly enabling 10 to slightly reduce infomercials on the other 10 suite of channels)

1 Like

10Retro? I think this will be a new channel on LCN 12 and may count towards OzTAM ratings? Time will tell.

if it came to fruition, then yes it would

I’d like to see 10 tackle their ‘early evening woes’ with something like this:

Your traditional First at 5 local bulletin, condensed into a 30 minute package.

At 5:30 I’d like to see the network invest some money in a unique concept. Have one of the networks ‘stars’ travel a region somewhere in the world for a month. Cameras would document their entire journey. We would see a new region, new culture and a new ‘star’ each month. You could even start of with parts of our very own backyard in a novel way such as a road trip in a winnebago. [Monday through Friday].

At 6pm have a standing presentation only hyper local bulletin for 30 minutes. Loads of live crosses.

At the end of the bulletin the anchor would throw to the seating area of 10s newsroom set to 2 high profile anchors for a localised edition of ‘The Project’ which would have a more current affairs, interview focus as opposed to some of the cheap one liner tryhard crap we sometimes see on the current iteration.

Regular programming would move to start at 7pm.

At 10pm I would like to see a Panel-esque show Sunday through Friday with a late edition of 10 News First at 11pm to round out the evening.

2 Likes

Sunday evening this could be an option as a once a week thing, but not Monday to Friday for one reason alone… There wouldn’t be enough people at home at the time to justify it. I think Ten’s best chance at success is a 2 and half hour news and current affairs block 5pm til 7:30pm with a possibility of it beginning at 4:30pm down the track and extending to 3 hours. Ten need to figure out a way of locking people in at 6pm. Something like this may work for weeknights

5:00pm Ten News First - National Edition
5:30pm Ten News Live @ 5:30^
6:15pm Ten News Express (a 15 minute bulletin showing the biggest stories of the day)^
6:30pm State Affair; (Win local news in regions that news bulletins are produced for with State Affair airing at 7pm on 10Bold)
7:00pm The Project

^ alternatively as a straight news hour

So you would effectively axe the nation project?

An ideal daytime schedule for 10 (AEST):
02.00 CBS This Morning (delayed)
04.00 TVNZ Breakfast
07.00 10 Daily
09.00 Studio 10
12.00 Dr. Phil
13.00 Encore programming
14.00 Ready Steady Cook
15.00 Jeopardy! US
15.30 Neighbours (encore)
16.00 The Bold and the Beautiful
16.30 Entertainment Tonight AU
17.00 10 News First
18.00 Jeopardy! AU
18.30 The Project

Judge Judy moves to 10 Bold, Good Chef Bad Chef/Everyday Gourmet move to weekends.

10 Daily is hosted by a relative unknown who reads news/sport headlines every half hour (~5 minutes), The Project team work on some short general interest/feel good stories, a couple of music videos. Basically rinse and repeat every half hour, same studio as Studio 10.

Ready Steady Cook is revived, Jeopardy! replaces Celebrity Name Game. Entertainment Tonight AU hosted by Angela Bishop. 10 will have to produce an extra three hours of content a day but I think it is possible.

1 Like

Good name choice. Probably better than “The Breakfast Project”.

Any reason you wouldn’t have a news service before 5pm?

1 Like

Yeah, it’s probably for the best that a main news bulletin remains on the network at 5pm because it’s part of (modern) Ten’s DNA.

I wouldn’t mind bringing back a morning news bulletin but Studio 10 would take up the 9-12 slot anyway, it could breakaway into 10 Morning News at 11.30 but I doubt it’d make too much of a difference.