6pm Seven News
7pm Sale of the Century

Monday
7:30pm My Kitchen Rules
8:30pm The Flying Doctors (remake)
9:30pm Seven Late News
10:30pm US Drama

Tuesday
7:30pm Home and Away (turned into a one hour drama)
8:30pm New Australian Family Drama

Wednesday
7:30pm Better Homes and Gardens
8:30pm New Australia Police Drama

Thursday
7:30pm Home and Away
8:30pm Australian Sitcoms

Friday
7:30pm My Kitchen Rules
8:30pm Movie

Realistically home and away won’t be changing to a 1hour drama so its hard to entertain that schedule.

Mornings:

5:00 Ten News First Edition - 6 x 15 minute ‘mini’ bulletins.
6:30 Ten This Morning with Hugh Riminton, Sarah Harris and Narelda Jacobs
8:30 Studio 10 with Natasha Belling replacing Sarah Harris.
11:00 Ten Morning News

Evenings:
5:00 Ten News First at Five – Local Editions (as is, running 7 days a week).
6:00 The Project. News. Delivered Differently. More current affairs focus. Now running 7 days per week with a Monday through Thursday team, and a Friday through Sunday team.
7:00 Ten Evening News – Local Editions. Flagship bulletin. Hyper local. New set. Standing presentation.

10:30 Ten Late News. National Edition.
11:00 US Late Shows

Sunday
7:30 12 Days of Christmas – Random Act of Kindness. New Series (2 weeks) THEN Sunday Night Takeaway (from 6th January) 12 week run. THEN Thank God You’re Here. New Season Return. 6 week run. THEN MasterChef. 12 week run. THEN Rove Live 12 week run. THEN Mr Black. New comedy. / paired with another new Australian comedy. 8 week run.

Monday
7:30 12 Days of Christmas – Random Act of Kindness THEN Australia’s Got Talent (9 week run) New to Ten THEN The Amazing Race: Australia. New to Ten (9 week run) THEN MasterChef THEN Survivor: Australia (8 week run) THEN Exathlon (2 week run during school holiday similar to what made Ninja Warrior a success). New Reality Show based off Spanish program. THEN Big Brother. Series Return. (8 weeks)

Tuesday
7:30 12 Days of Christmas – Random Act of Kindness THEN Dancing with the Stars THEN The Amazing Race: Australia. THEN MasterChef. THEN Survivor: Australia THEN Exathlon. New Reality Show based off Spanish program. THEN Big Brother. Series Return.

Wednesday / Thursday
7:30 12 Days of Christmas – Random Act of Kindness THEN Changing Rooms THEN Bachelor in Paradise THEN MasterChef THEN The Bachelor THEN The Bachelorette THEN Big Brother. Series Return.

Saturday
7:30 Ambulance UK THEN Police Australia. New observational series in the same vain. THEN Ambulance Australia. New Season. THEN Fire Rescue Australia New observational series in the same vain. THEN SES Australia. New observational series in the same vain.

No gaps in 7:30 programming year round.

2 Likes

What is your idea for “12 Days of Christmas – Random Act of Kindness”?

Posted a week ago -

1 Like

I like your ideas. Not sure if acquiring Australia’s Got Talent is the right idea though. I am also not sold on changing The Projects timeslot. It didn’t and doesn’t work successfully at the 6:00-7:00 timelot.

How about something like this, this way Ten can offer an alternative to News from 6-7 and still offer news. It would require something radical though with reality either moving to 8:30 starts or airing them first on a multichannel and replaying later.

5:00-6:00 Ten News
6:00-6:30 Come Dine With Me Australia
6:30-7:00 Sale of the Century
7:00-8:00 The Project
8:00-8:30 Ten News
8:30-9:30 REALITY
9:30-10:30 LIGHT ENTERTAINMENT/DRAMA

In all honesty… I dont think anything TEN do at 6pm is going to rate.

I know it’s been mocked before… but why not a sitcom at 6? something that is cheap and can be a write off.

lead in, schmlead in.

Maybe Ten could screen Big Bang Theory at 6pm when Nine have finished with it…

let me iterate that just because nothing rates at 6pm, doesn’t mean they should give up… but why not a sitcom then? it’s the ultimate alternative, and TEN proves it can build without a lead in. (HYBPA on Monday night…)

Give Lisa Wilkinson her own show and strip it five nights a week. Focus it on good news and inspirational stories.

Beauty and the Beast is another alternative you could strip there.

IMO networks need to accept the fact that till 9:30pm anything bar Australian content is not a viable option on the main channels. As it should be.

1 Like

I don’t think Seven would see it as a viable option to transform Home & Away into a 1 hour drama. If Seven were to change the mid to late afternoon/early evening viewing to introduce a game/quiz show into the post news slot (which in itself is extremely unlikely), it would most likely do something like this:

3:00pm Seven News at 3
4:00pm The Chase Australia
5:00pm Seven News
6:00pm Today Tonight (or Seven News at 6)
6:30pm Home & Away
7:00pm Game Show

Noting that I have slotted Home & Away in the only other slot they would consider following with a Game show in the hope Nine wouldnt follow suit post 6pm. Again this kind of change is unlikely.

I notice both forum members listed Sale Of The Century for different networks (Seven and Ten). Have to be honest - I dont like News and slated Current affairs in the 7:30pm-8:30pm slot - keep the schedule at 7:30pm as is. One possible option for Ten is a combined News/Current Affairs forum at 8:50pm at the earliest (on the back of reality TV) and 9:30pm (up to a 9:45pm start time) eg when the 7:30pm show finishes before 8:45pm

I would like to mention I like how other forum members are thinking outside the box though

I thought of an idea for a new program for Channel Ten-

Name: Debate

Format: 2 teams of three Channel Ten personalities argue a contentious issue one side for and the other against (eg a contest could be Studio 10 vs Ten News, The Living Room vs The Project etc)

Timeslot: could be variable or at a set timeslot - given the cost to make, it could even screen at say 6:30pm or 7:30pm Saturday nights

Prize: Either $30,000 to the winning teams favourite charity , the opposing team receives $10,000 to the charity of their choosing.

Decision: Studio audience determines the result of the debate

So, what sort of show is this? Comedy like HYBPA?

I am pretty sure a network has had this type of show before.

2006’s Big Questions with Jules Lund. It is on Thursday nights on Nine.

Not sure how The Verdict will land on that one, you could be opening a Can of Worms

3 Likes

World Series Debating … usually around the Melbourne Comedy Festival

1 Like

my idea was based on election debates… but point taken - not necessarily unique

I was thinking if it were to be screened on Saturday nights it could be paired with something like Beauty and The Beast (the chat show, not the US Drama series of the same name…

I was thinking something different to movies and encores, but yet cheap to produce

Perhaps Ten could think like ABC and look at some of the newer British comedies. We know shows like Mrs Browns Boys rates, but then Episodes didn’t so much for Nine. Here is a link which shows British comedies currently screening in the UK - noting Episodes is on this list (the aforementioned Mrs Brown’s Boys isnt), but if Ten could negotiate to get some of these, it could be a better option than just encores on Saturday night (assuming Ten doesn’t try to find slots in the schedule for this).If Ten did this, could play this as a point of different to the 2 other commercial channels