Mock Schedules

With Ten’s upfronts being today, I feel a bit inspired to make another mock schedule. :stuck_out_tongue: Last time I made a mock schedule based on how I would schedule Ten’s primetime lineup, so as a result, I thought I would have a go at doing their weekday daytime one:

Monday - Friday:

5.00am - Video Hits
6.00am - Ten News : Breakfast - (w/ Natarsha Belling & Matt Doran, Clint Stanaway, Steve Jacobs)
8.00am - Studio 10
11.00am - Ten Morning News (w/ Narelda Jacobs) [National]
12.00pm - Dr Phil
1.00pm - Everyday Gourmet with Justine Schofield
1.30pm - My Market Kitchen
2.00pm - Ready, Steady Cook
3.00pm - Ten Afternoon News (w/ Charlotte Goodlet & Lachlan Kennedy) [National]
3.30pm - Judge Judy
4.00pm - Entertainment Tonight
4.30pm - The Bold and the Beautiful

So basically, “Ten News : Breakfast” would essentially be a no-thrills, ‘straight to the point’ news bulletin. There would be a news ticker at the bottom of the screen and the bulletin wouldn’t have any of the ‘fluff’ pieces which make it onto Today and Sunrise. No gimmicky “I Wake Up With Today” cash giveaways, no reports about trends on TikTok etc. Just extensive coverage of domestic and international news events, as well as comprehensive sports and weather reports.

I’m not a fan of the daytime repeats of reality shows, as in this day and age, people can just stream them at anytime they want. It’s also just lazy programming IMO. I would keep the two cooking shows, as they reportedly do well in the ratings for Ten. Combined with a revival of “Ready, Steady, Cook”, the 1pm-3pm slots could be promoted as being a “back-to-back, afternoon cooking block”.

The idea behind moving Ten’s Afternoon News bulletin to 3pm would be that it would have the timeslot to itself and would not be competing with both Seven & Nine’s offerings. It would also be an opportunity for some of Ten’s younger journalists to build-on their presenting skills, which is why I have Charlotte Goodlet & Lachlan Kennedy co-anchoring the bulletin.

5 Likes