Million Dollar Island

3 Likes

And expect this date to be end-tagged to tonight’s / this weekend’s promos during the AFL and going forward now

1 Like

Monday June 12 on 7.

And Monday June 19 on 7flix?

5 Likes

Looks like the cast reveal themselves today.

I someone posting a story congratulating a contestant on their socials.

Check the hashtags many users have posted an image of a cliff top with “I’ve been selected” or something

Meet the contestants of Million Dollar Island

Welcome to Million Dollar Island: the revolutionary new social experiment where staying alive is a fiercely contested sport. Get ready to witness the drama, intrigue and rivalry when the ground-breaking series premieres 7.00pm Monday, 12 June on Channel 7 and 7plus.

Win, lose, unite or divide: it’s game on as 100 contestants fight for their share of the $1 million prize in a competition that will showcase the best and worst human behaviour.

Farmers, retail workers, garbos, nurses, real estate agents and more leave the real world to fight for the $1 million prize. Everyday Aussies land on a remote desert island, each wearing a bracelet worth $10,000. They gain or lose bracelets by competing in challenges, forming alliances, scheming or stealing while trying to survive the harsh conditions with limited means.

On Million Dollar Island, alliances mean everything, and friendships are worth a fortune. Ultimately, a nail-biting final challenge will help determine who walks away with a life-changing prize.

Million Dollar Island is hosted by Ant Middleton and produced by award-winning Eureka Productions.

2 Likes

Contestants

4 Likes

It’s good to see they’re not all influencers or entrepreneur but some of those job titles because they dont want to put actor lol. my fav: Battler

1 Like

The sheer volume of contestants of this show makes it stand out for me. The promos look pretty intense and chaotic with everyone running down the island. I’m sure it will be better than The Summit.

3 Likes

Well at least it has a notional set of rules that are largely followed. And when they inevitably deviate from the rules, it doesn’t seem like producer interference, rather they come across as genuine planned twists.

3 Likes

Promo confirms Monday at 7.00pm

2 Likes

A video of Ant Middleton’s tour of the island used for the new show, has been posted to 7plus.

1 Like

Essentially the same promo just aired returning from AFL qtr time ad break back-to-back, with the “1 day to go” (recent days been doing IMO unnescaasry countdown) and the second one was in-program MCG themed with waterfalls and the v/o artist is that newer blokey/deep voiced one, really overexaggerating it “tomORROW SEEEEVEN o’CLOCKKKKK”

1 Like

Seven have really dropped the ball since the original MKR failed.

Who is green lighting this absolute shit slate of programming?:

‘Blow Up’
‘Million Dollar Island’
‘The 1% Club’
‘Big Brother Aus’
‘Dancing with the Stars’
‘Australian Idol’

Former 10 CEO Warburton has rolled out a string of failures at Seven. Every second show on Seven is another Endemol Shine over produced corner cutting reality show filler.

There is no love in what they’re pumping out.

1 Like

That show hasn’t been a failure.

9 Likes

And it’s quite a good show :slight_smile:

1 Like

Just as I imagined, it’s nothing but a rip off of Survivor and will flop for sure (if not initially then eventually).

Those two are not flops.

6 Likes

I have to agree that the editing is very sloppy. It isn’t too bad for the first couple of episodes but it starts to get tiresome and boring. The challenges (that all bear an uncanny resemblance to Survivor ) are the worst - imagine watching a Survivor challenge but being interrupted every 10 seconds by a piece to camera from the contestants saying how much they want to win - it drags out the challenges and saps all the excitement from them. There are elements to like, though the concept of begging others for their wrist band so they leave and you stay is a lazy way to move the story forward. However, unlike The Summit each episode is structured and has a satisfying conclusion.

3 Likes

How was it decided who went into each camp?

They just ran for their lives and grabbed stuff and I presume they decided the number of groups themselves.

First commercial break at 7.24.