Metro Radio Ratings: Survey 4, 2019

Not surprised to see the drop in Hit105, especially breakfast. The segments have been pretty appauling of late, they come across as unplanned, and not well researched. Its a shame because there is some good on air talent there.

2dayFM might as well phone it in for the rest of the year, its not working.

2 Likes

In Perth MSR rates 0 in every timeslot and demographic. That waste of space NTS with a handful of listeners manages to beat MSR.

5 Likes

Jase & PJ ahead of Hot Breakfast? Wowzers.

Watch as Fitzy describes this as a ā€˜blipā€™, or thereā€™ll be ā€˜a correction in the next bookā€™.

2 Likes

Looking at the age demos, huge spike for BC over 65ā€™s and a corresponding one for KQ 55 - 64.

All it exposes is that the survey data is flaky, inconsistent in panel selection.

Digging into the details with GFKā€™s Probe software or the third party providers would likely unearth more inconsistencies and concerns.

Coast is a national format?

KQ is a true station for a sole metro market with a log not shared by other stations.

When youā€™re at zeros and ones any small increase doesnā€™t really amount to any significant factor. Itā€™s like one person has ticked a few extra boxes in their listening diary.

Optimistic :roll_eyes:

When did MSR begin in Perth? Does anyone even know itā€™s there?

4 Likes

Hot Breakfast has fallen 1.7 in the last two surveys.

I know itā€™s there but I wouldnā€™t be surprised if only 10 other people in Perth know. Will be interesting to see if anyone listens to SEN WA when it starts up (presumably on 657 AM).

3 Likes

Thatā€™s a bit disrespectful from MRN even though Denis narrowly won the afternoon timeslot as I posted earlier.
Maybe Denis is gone from 3AW after all?
https://twitter.com/MrTVAus/status/1148557179093258240

1 Like

Herald Sun reports today on the latest AFL radio ratings in Melbourne. 3AW again dominated the survey, with a massive 13.6 on Friday nights, well ahead of Triple Mā€™s 8.1.

1 Like

Interesting result in Perth (Nova almost pulling the type of demo clean sweep that 2DAY did once upon a time ,with JJJ only just holding onto 18-24), but the question is will it just flip back next survey to Mix as it always seems to do.
Iā€™ve noticed Mix has really ramped up the outdoor advertising recently.

On the topic of the digital radio diaries, I wonder if Coles Radio rates so high because people fill it in as listened to when they go grocery shopping?

5 Likes

Re Coles yes Iā€™m sure thatā€™s it

3 Likes