Max (formerly HBO Max)

The Australian:

Warner Bros Discovery’s new streaming platform coming to Asia Pacific

Consumers should prepare for another streaming service to be launched in Australia in 2024 that will bring them top-tier content.

The service will be the result of last year’s merger of HBO Max and Discovery Plus.

“We are going to be launching our new streaming service in the US this year,” Gibbons said.

“The first order of business is to really combine those services and make one ‘uber’ service that can target a wide audience.

“After that we’re going to be rolling that service out in the Asia-Pacific region from the second half of 2024.”

3 Likes

I thought Foxtel did a big deal with HBO or Warner Bros? and their streaming service wasn’t coming as Foxtel would air their content on Binge?

Yes - a lot of their premium content won’t be available at launch.

2 Likes

Warner Bros clarified today that Australia was not yet included in the launch of the company’s new streaming service in the region in 2024.

5 Likes

Asia-Pacific rollout of HBO Max and Discovery streamer won’t include Australia at launch.

Warner Bros. Discovery has ruled out 2024 for a stand-alone streaming service in Australia, depite a report this week in The Australian.

However the company has since clarified while it is launching in Asia-Pacific in 2024, it won’t include Australia just yet.

A correction today quoted, “It is not in our plans for 2024.”

2 Likes

so im guessing once Foxtel contracts ends then we will get HBO Max

1 Like

Hopefully they’ll wait until their deal with Fox expires so they can have all the content in one place. There was no term for fox announced just “multi” year deal. So more than 1. Could be 2, 3 but surely not more.

It’s a shame fox didn’t lose the deal.

2 Likes

Given the way WBD is going, are they going to exist in 3 years?

4 Likes
2 Likes

Report on the “conspiracy or cock-up” in The Australian’s original report.

2 Likes
2 Likes

I always thought they had to simplify it for the future. Either Max+ or Discovery+.

3 Likes
1 Like

Yes you are correct but I expect that once WBDs executives roll out to market the newly combined streaming service Max across to the Australian market Warner will roll out to market Max through Fox but that’s just a guess

1 Like

Max Orders Conan O’Brien Travel Series CONAN O’BRIEN MUST GO

Max has ordered CONAN O’BRIEN MUST GO, a new international travel series from Conan O’Brien. The four-episode series is currently in production and will feature O’Brien visiting new friends he’s met through his podcast, “Conan O’Brien Needs a Fan,” where he dives deep with listeners from across the country and the world.
Conan O’Brien quote: “My fans around the globe never asked me to visit them, so I did.”
Nina Rosenstein, Executive Vice President, HBO Programming quote: “Conan is a national treasure…at least that’s what he keeps telling me. It’s been an absolute dream to work with him, Jeff, and the whole Conaco team. They’re everything you’d hope for – insanely smart, ridiculously funny, and nicer than they’d probably want to admit.” Credits: Produced by Conaco, CONAN O’BRIEN MUST GO is executive produced by O’Brien and Jeff Ross.

(from https://press.wbd.com/us/media-release/max-orders-conan-obrien-travel-series-conan-obrien-must-go)

1 Like

The streaming service dropped the HBO name overnight and is now officially known as Max.

1 Like

I wish this was available here.

1 Like

If this did Or sorry when this does eventually launch what does this mean for Foxtel? What could they lose because of it?