Married at First Sight

I would still expect massive ratings but if it doesn’t get much higher than last night I would not be surprised because the reunion has been relatively dull compared to the drama I was at least expecting, until the last 10 minutes.

From what I recall, Married At First Sight did well in the RegionalTAM ratings last year so it wouldn’t overly surprise me if the program has been almost as popular in regional Australia (especially in Nine/NBN-loving Northern NSW) during the 2019 season as it has been in the OzTam ratings for metropolitan Australia.

:joy:

2 Likes

2m+ for sure

1 Like

Nine’s head of content, production and development Adrian Swift has told today’s The Australian that the show would be tweaked for next season to reduce the chances of affairs happening.

One of the first things is we tighten the rules up a bit because we don’t want all the sort of cross-husbanding and wifing.
The audience does want it, but the question for us is what is the core of the experiment, what are we trying to achieve, what are we trying to prove?
What we’d really like to have is rather than having four couples come out … have six or seven or eight couples come out the other side.

Is that his way of saying “rooting around”?

1 Like

It was quite disappointing that 4 of the couples (Dino/Mel, Billy/Susie, Mark/Ning, Michael/Martha, Matt/Lauren) basically weren’t featured at all in the finale. Surely they could have let the show run another 10-15 minutes so they could each get at least a 2 minute recap/update?

1 Like

I was going to say that. last nights reunion dinner was pretty much focused on 4 people. We didn’t get any idea what the others were up to or had to say. I haven’t watched tonights ep yet so don’t know how much they showed of them tonight.

Am I seeing this right? One of the Facebook posts tonight 55k comments in 3hrs? Whaaaat?

The reunion was probably better than I expected. It started off a bit slow with the Heidi and Mike stuff but the heat kept turning up as it went on. Sam is such a pig and to not turn up just said it all. I thought it would be in their contract that they would have to do it given he was there for the dinner party. I really despise Mike after last night. He is such a loud mouth who has no idea what he is talking about (both in regards to Sam and his sexist comments). No wonder Heidi left him.

Jess and Dan are doing such a façade. Stupid girl going on about how much of a good father he is and then when asked if she’s met his son the answer was ‘No’. Also the two sitting there saying they are still together when they hadn’t seen each other in 6 weeks. Right.

Also did anyone watch Talking Married afterwards? They did a live interview with Dan and Jess and Dan was fuming at Jess. The host said there were numerous f bombs in the commercial break, and then when they got to interviewing them Dan called out his trust issues with Jess and said the relationship is toxic. She then admitted live on air that she hit on Nic and Dan was saying this is the first time she’s ever admitted it and it’s live on TV and then she backtracked her story. She then kept telling Dan not to argue on TV and they need to discuss their issues in private. The video of this interview is on the MAFS facebook page and it’s already got something like 1.5million views.

I’m sure they would have interviewed these couples but they obviously didn’t make the cut. I think they could have shortened the episode and aired it across two nights. There definitely was plenty more to cover and for me it was bizarre that two of the couples that were there until the very end weren’t featured. Plus Martha should have been held more accountable for her actions but I’m wondering if they purposely edited her out due to the wine incident.

1 Like

IMO the reunion was boring. Far too much focus on Mike and Heidi and none at all on the likes of Ning/Mark and Martha/Michael. Martha should have been confronted with footage of her snake in the grass ways.

Ning spent the entire lead up to the final dinner party talking about hopefully having another chance with Mark but this was never addressed at the reunion. I would have personally preferred the experts attempting to help them, rather than Heidi and Mark, especially when he’s already moved on with a 23 year old.

2 Likes

So why did they allow a couple to swap this season then? They made this affair happen so it is only going to encourage more people to explore it as an option next time. Plus this is what got the big ratings so I’m not sure where the show can go from here. I think this year will be it’s peak and it will be really hard to match it next year.

Although apparently they mentioned on Talking Married that they are looking at including some gay couples next season. That would add an interesting and different dynamic.

Did anyone else think it’s complete crap that Jess was into Nick at all? To me it just seemed like she wanted some camera time and drama that night. So I wonder why she didn’t just tell Dan that but from Talking Married show Dan did seem pretty pissed off and Jess not want to talk about it.

This is what confuses me about this show, if they were actors I don’t think they would react the way they do. I think they are put into these situations by producers and they just improvise.

With Jess I think when it wasn’t working with Mick she was just desperate to remain on the show… so just attempted to make a move on anyone she was attracted too. There’s no way she can deny trying to make a move on Nic. We saw the conversation. She was obviously very very drunk that night though.

How the current season dominated social media.

So Dan and Jess have split now.

It was obvious that only Jules and Cam would stay together.

Dan has done a few interviews on this and has said that the producers had absolutely no input into the whole couple swapping situation, it was 100% their idea and he completely regrets it now. Apparently this is what she’s like in real life, with claims she cheated on him with Telv one of last years contestants earlier in the year.

Martha and Michael are supposedly still together but I’m not sure how much I believe. He is so much better than her, he needs to make a run for it.

2 Likes

MAFS the stage show is coming!

Just showing again how it’s all just a song and dance.

1 Like