Married at First Sight

Married at First Sight Returns with more love than ever before

https://twitter.com/MarriedAU/status/1356184871820029952?s=20

Fall in love again with Married at First Sight when Australia’s most talked about social experiment returns with its potent combination of romance, passion and emotion on Monday, February 22, at 7.30pm on Nine and 9Now.

In its eighth season, Married at First Sight welcomes Alessandra Rampolla, a certified clinical sexologist from Puerto Rico with over 20 years’ experience, who will bring her expertise in sexology and join experts John Aiken and Mel Schilling to pair brave singles from across Australia with the goal of creating perfect matches and strong relationships.

“I am thrilled to be joining John and Mel in Australia’s biggest social experiment,” says Alessandra. “With my particular expertise, I hope to contribute to the complex mix of components that ensure marriages not only work but thrive in the long haul.

“One of my strongest core beliefs is that sexual expression and compatibility are vital in building, nourishing and maintaining healthy romantic relationships, and it is my pleasure to help guide our participants in balancing this important factor in their brave quest for love.”

The brides and grooms’ relationships will be fast-tracked through challenges and romantic hurdles that haven’t been seen before on Married at First Sight as our three experts introduce exciting new elements to the experiment.

Each couple will lock eyes for the very first time when they walk down the aisle on their wedding day, and from this moment onwards every aspect of their emerging relationship will go under the microscope as they encounter the highs and lows of marriage at full speed.

Couples will have the chance to compare their relationships, ask for advice, and controversially at times give their own advice to others at the explosive dinner parties. And this season, more than ever before, the experts will hold the couples accountable for their actions at the weekly commitment ceremonies where secrets will be revealed, and bombshells dropped.

Last night’s episode went on way too long and just felt like a lot of filler. There was way too much time spent on some people reflecting on their relationship from 2 years ago. Surely these people have moved on. Cyrell was disappointing as well just storming out of the reunion like that so we didn’t get much from her.

Isn’t the whole point of a reunion to reminisce and discuss what you did back then? The whole thing was a flop.

Considering the people that the EP clearly handpicked, it was nothing but two episodes for ramping up some drama. The issue is Australia has moved on and are chasing new nutjobs, aka the next season!

I mean Cyrell throwing wine again? Really. How much was the fee bumped up if she did the wine again. I’d love to be a fly on the wall in all these orchestrated producer/contestant role plays.

Nobody cares about Mike and is pathetic love life. Mid 40s still referring to them as girls and chatting up Jessica. Single for life. Idiots.

Season 8

AUSTRALIA’S NO.1 SERIES, THE MOST TALKED ABOUT SOCIAL EXPERIMENT: MARRIED AT FIRST SIGHT IS BACK IN 2021

This year on Married at First Sight , Puerto Rican clinical sexologist Alessandra Rampolla joins relationship experts Mel Schilling and John Aiken in their endeavour to match hopeful new singles with the love of their lives.

Each couple will lock eyes for the very first time when they walk down the aisle on their wedding day, and from this moment onwards every aspect of their forming relationship will be under the microscope while all of Australia watches, as they experience the highs and lows of marriage at full speed.

Brides and grooms will be expertly matched in this extreme social experiment, and their relationships will be fast-tracked through challenges and romantic hurdles that haven’t been seen before in any season of Married at First Sight .

In 2021, the dating landscape has changed more than anyone could ever have expected. The new and unfamiliar “normal” for dating adds yet another challenge for the newlyweds to approach together, in the hope that it can bring them even closer.

Once again, the couples will all live under the same roof and have the chance to compare the highs and lows of their relationships at the highly anticipated and explosive dinner parties. And more than ever, the experts will hold the couples accountable for their actions at the weekly commitment ceremonies – where secrets are revealed and bombshells dropped.

Each newly married couple is ready to experience the highs and lows of their relationship in this pressure-cooker environment, baring all for all of Australia to see.

Participants

I thought it was a program where completely incompatible parings of aspiring social media influencers are made by complicit “experts” (or the producers) so there’s on-screen tension, if not conflicts.

While there aren’t too many positive things about Valentine’s Day 2021, one of the very few is that Nine won’t be airing Married At First Sight this February 14!

1 Like

New Married promo Aus Open themed with the date on tennis balls

Daniel Webb, who featured in season 6 of MAFS, appeared in the Brisbane Magistrates Court yesterday after he was charged with fraud over a telemarketing scam.

1 Like

Hopefully he can still find true love after this latest setback.

New sponsors are Specsavers, Disney+, Snooze, Menulog and MyPayNow app.

How many this year are not from an agency? Looks like about 10%.

1 Like

Why are they sponsoring this crap lol.

I love that KFC is a major sponsor though, because it’s arguable both their food and MAFS are products you need a bucket to cleanse your system with after consuming! :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Eh? :face_with_raised_eyebrow:

Both are :poop:.

1 Like

This show is apparently doing well in the UK. Anyone seen any numbers to back that up?

From here: Married at First Sight Australia back on E4 this summer with 'wild' season seven

Married At First Sight Australia has been a huge hit in the UK, with a consolidated audience of up to 1.9 million tuning in for the sixth season - E4’s highest ratings since it aired the final season of The Big Bang Theory in May 2019. 24 of the 25 most-watched programmes on E4 in the past year have been episodes of MAFS.

The total viewer figure of 1.9 million isn’t much compared to the UK soaps and Masked Singer but the show is very popular in the younger demographics. Some examples of this: Jules and Cam get a whole segment on ITV’s This Morning, a Google search of MAFS is filled with links to UK websites, many of the MAFS S6 cast make Instagram posts acknowledging the many messages and comments they’ve received from UK viewers, and when the announcement of the airing of the next season is reported by multiple news outlets.

4 Likes

…and if I’m not mistaken, the next season of Married At First Sight UK will be tweaked so it’s as trashy as ours is! :confused:

Probably only a matter of time before a downmarket version of MAFS makes it to the US, because we all know how Americans love TV at those levels of quality even more than Aussies and the British do.

Had a little giggle

5 Likes