Nine Radio (Music)

Both coverages are the same Crocmedia production, yes. MSR are using RoCo in Melbourne as a lead in show though, whereas I believe Syd/Bris are taking the Crocmedia lead in.
The coverage of the game I was listening to on Sat night was dire. Benny Jones and Ryan Harris were subpar in their knowledge to put it nicely. MSR would have been better off trying to retain their own call team from last year instead of having some of their talent (McGrath) work for Crocmedia.

1 Like

Thanks so during the game, SEN is the exactly the same as MSR. Is SEN coverage in stereo ? MSR on 954 am (but listening on DAB plus) is not. That is one thing that Triple M does well with sport , they take full advantage of stereo. Guess since most listeners are still on the AM Band so no need.

Nope. Depends how the feed is produced. I notice both SEN and MSR are broadcast in stereo on DAB+ (regular mono on AM), but I’m not sure whether the feed itself is stereo or not

Today the coverage is in stereo :slight_smile:. Maybe they read this forum…

My guess the cricket was broadcast from studio for the game in hobarts thus maybe in stereo, the next match at spotless was mono.

Before, during and after Nine’s Australian Open Broadcast, Channel 9 Needs to start an aggressive advertising Campaign for Macquarie Sports Radio. and stop advertising SmoothFM

Just because Nine and Macquarie Radio are now under the same corporate ownership doesn’t mean the TV side is likely to stop accepting advertising from FM radio stations (particularly in markets like Sydney where Nine is the #1 TV network) which aren’t directly competing against 2GB/Macquarie Sports Radio anyway.

2 Likes

This is surely your most humourous post to date.

On Christmas Day of all days, what a gift, merry Christmas and god bless you young @Jason_Andrew_Toppin

10 Likes

Yes if only those Smooth FM listeners knew Macquarie Sports Radio was there. They’d be sure to switch.

4 Likes

Talksport on ,Macquarie Sports Radio is sounding Great this Christmas night along brazil and hius team is great i do niotn gt ti hear him he often unless i listen tio Talksport London online.

Jason - I am beginning to think that you are the asterisk.

10 Likes

It really has come to something when the highlight of the station’s Christmas Day output is apparently the relaying of a station from the other side of the world :joy:

6 Likes

Perhaps MRN could arrange for survey books to be dropped in India to improve their numbers?

5 Likes

With a population of 1.4 billion people at least one would have to choose MSR. That would help them to get rid of those annoying asterisks in the survey results.

Maybe.

2 Likes

Macquarie no doubt will be urging GfK to distribute a few survey books on the sub continent

3 Likes

According to the MSR Facebook page Mark Levy and Mark Riddel are back tomorrow with some big news.

It’d be interesting to hear what it is…

Also what is interesting is the fact this was posted on the general MSR Facebook page.

Does it mean the boys will be networked across all MSR stations including into Melbourne? Makes sense - why would a struggling station with an asterisk have a designated Melbourne breakfast show? Just network it all 24/7 as a last ditch effort.

Levy/Riddell now on air 5.30-10.00 daily.
The Run Home also on air 3.00-7.00 daily.
I’m not sure what’s happening 10.00am-3.00pm.

I notice Rohan Connolly (former sports journalist at The Age) has his own show on MSR called The RoCo Show. He also hosts the innings break during MSR’s coverage of BBL matches.

Yeah, RoCo has been on pretty much every day of the BBL unless there’s been something else on (live sport or days like double headers he’s only on once). He’s been into Melb only though.

Looks like the two shows have been combined, Levy, Riddell and Bartel nationally, based off the website. Morrow daytime possibly? They’re saying 10-1 for him which doesn’t fit.

Well, I know I’ll be placing a bet on whether it rates more than an asterisk next survey.
Shame the big news also wasn’t that there’s a format change coming in time for the first anniversary. Still time though for that dice roll.