Nine Radio (Talk)

I hope the article is just highly speculative.

Macquarie would surely be throwing the cheque book at Ross and John, even if the latter is already contemplating retirement. They’re the biggest rating radio show in the country, still pulling 20%+ shares.

They’re my favourite radio show by far.

1 Like

Ross Stevenson used to do a very entertaining live cross to John Stanley and Garry Linnell after the 8:30am news on 2UE. When Stanley was previously on afternoons Stevenson appeared very occasionally.

1 Like

They did to Brisbane, what’s stopping them here? Demise of 2UE, Talking Lifestyle and the current joke that is sports, they clearly don’t know what’s best.

Will be a shame to see Burns gone, it’s the duo of him and Stevenson that brings them a fifth of the audience, higher than Alan or anyone else in metro markets. Melbourne is the most competitive market, yet that duo has a fifth of the audience. One of them gone will change the dynamics.

I wouldn’t read too much in the Herald Sun article, bored newspaper journalists desperate for relevance with their own shrinking audience base.

3 Likes

Happened to flick the radio during Drive on Friday. Ben Davis was absent, Mark Braybrook filling in.

This is quite a change.

Usually since 4BC became a 91% relay of 2GB, if Ben has been away, the 2GB program continues non stop.

Listened to an ad break, no change. Quality of clients has not improved, nor have the numbers, nothing is improving.

Sportsday’s Victorian edition will be broadcast from Warrnambool for the first time to coincide with the Warrnambool Cup carnival. Gerard Healy and Dwayne Russell will host the show from The Flying Horse Bar and Brewery this Wednesday from 6pm to 8pm.

1 Like

Former 3AW iconic AFL caller Rex Hunt returned for a special commentary tonight for very last time, celebrating 50 years of broadcasting.

Seven AFL’s Cameron Ling interviewed him during post game on 7mate

3 Likes

I don’t get it, why does Rex need a special return?

Is just so he can say he worked in his 50th year of broadcasting?

Is he ill with a degenerative disease and we haven’t been told of it?

Didn’t Rex call a few game son Seven? he seemed to tone it down on tV.

Yabba dabba doooooo

Fat lady sings

Shizenhowzan

2 Likes

Yes.

He called a few Saturday night games for Seven around 1999 with his then co-caller at 3AW, Anthony Hudson (who would eventually join Seven full-time)
And I don’t recall him toning it down.

3 Likes

Rex did a Hawthorn-Adelaide match- and he was his usual self. It was a close match, and he and Huddo seemed to do a pretty good call.

1 Like

But he’d make a name for himself at Ten.

Where he became one of the most popular and well known, calling multiple Grand Finals for the network.

1 Like

Robert Walls also provided special comments in 3AW’s coverage of St Kilda v Collingwood last night.

2 Likes

Alan Jones has concluded three days of questions for defamation trial underway in Brisbane.

The Wagner family walk in/out of the court daily in a dignified manner, their legal team has advised Brisbane media that they’ll be making no comment.

Jones fronts up to the media daily to say no comment. There for the limelight.

Details of the day in court here:

We can only hope he is destroyed and torn down by all of this but that clearly is wishful thinking. He’s a grub. So malicious and vile.

1 Like
1 Like

Sad, sad tactics. It will make not a scrap of difference to the station audience.

I guess “I wake up with Alan” was discounted early on.

2 Likes

That is the stuff of nightmares, right @nickatnights ???

2 Likes

Has 2UE ever relayed anything to 3AW? the last time it happened was when Ray Hadley was calling an AFL game at the SCG. Kangaroos v
Sydney.