Nine Radio (Talk)

Andrew Bolt and Steve Price have been getting pretty ratty of each other over recent nights… is it the hot weather? Or just their difference in opinion over the Deputy PM…?

1 Like

They always have gone ratty at each other.

1 Like

The same guy that went on a sacking spree a few years back.
Hope he has woken up to himself.

2 Likes

You’re kidding, they like his work so much, he’s been given a promotion.

He’s a good puppet for them.

With George and Paul moving to 2GB, I presume it means Luke Grant no longer has a permanent Saturday morning shift?

Also, it means the Continuous Call Team will now start at 1pm on Saturday and Sunday. This was already happening on one of the days but will now be both?

Wouldn’t suspect they’d go for a one hour pre match on Sundays when the 2PM game which they have rights to is on given they suspect many stay for the pre match but not for the call itself.

George Moore did state the footy will not impact their show. Yeah 1 hour lead in time is pretty short especially considering their show gets better rating with just talk.

Yes agree but with so many other listening/watching options 1 hour should be sufficient unless they shove it over to TL but I don’t think that is likely to happen in a hurry.

I wonder if 2cc will extend the weekender show or can we hear the last hour of George and Paul on 2cc.

You’re joking? Kev and Janet, some of the best tightarses in the industry, they wouldn’t do that.

1 Like

Confirmed that Continuous Call will go through to 1pm including during the football.

1 Like

George and Paul you mean?

Continuous Call begins at 1pm.

2CC are running Macquarie’s “Breaking Politics” program today from midday to 1pm. It’s one of Macquarie’s prerecorded programs available to stations for weekend use.

1 Like

Didn’t Brian Wilshire rate well even in 2GB’s darkest days? Mind you, Stan Zemanek on 2UE probably got more listeners than him for a period of time.

Although you’re right by saying that Alan Jones & Ray Hadley are by far the most successful presenters currently on-air at 2GB.

My recommendation for a successor to Alan Jones on 2GB when the time comes: Caleb Bond.

4 Likes

If Caleb is still going in ten years I have no doubt he will have a radio show of his own. More immediately I believe Michael McLaren is Alan’s natural successor. The sooner Macquarie let him fill in for Alan, the sooner he will prove he can hold the ratings. Alan has publicly endorsed Michael multiple times but hasn’t been able to get management to give Michael a crack at breakfast.

If they can ever coax him back from TV, there’s also Jason Morrison. If memory serves he is the only fill-in to increase ratings in Alan’s timeslot.

1 Like

Can somebody fill me in? I’m aware of Caleb Bond’s newspaper opinion columns. Does he make regular appearances on radio somewhere?

gosh i hope not.

1 Like

Yes, Wilshire got double 2GB’s overall ratings every survey but he was still well behind Zemanek, iirc.

1 Like

Caleb Bond did some recorded Alan Jones-style commentary/editorial bits for a program on Yass FM community radio a few years ago (IIRC, the main host of that show may have also had a brief stint on Media Spy), but apart from that short stint I think Caleb’s appearances on radio have mainly been guest spots/interviews.

2 Likes