Nine Radio (Talk)

Would Murray want to go back to radio?

would radio want Paul Murray to go back to it? His previous ratings indicate not.

2 Likes

Steven Price did not do exceptional well on 2ue but is number one now on 2gb. No competition now.

Whatā€™s wrong with Dee Dee?

Iā€™m a fan :blush:

Has Eddie McGuire ever being employed by 3AW over the years ???

Donā€™t think so. Heā€™s been at Triple M on and off plus 3XY and 3EE back in the 1990s. Possibly been on SEN? I canā€™t recall.

From the Nine Network Upfronts news topic. Hadley is missing. Nine doesnā€™t think Ray is as important as Ray thinks he is? At 2GB he gets star billing alongside Alan.

4 Likes

It was Tom Elliot that I was referring to :slightly_smiling_face::slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

It would seem to me that Mark Levy will be catapulted in as a possible replacement for Jones or/Hadley when they choose to retire or for some other reasonā€¦ Levy sounds a heck of a lot like Hadley.

My dad said the same thing.
Mark Levy seems pretty mellow to me which is completely different to Hadley and Jones.

Too much like Hadley which will probably work against him in time. Otherwise, heā€™s a pretty good broadcaster but needs way more profile before taking over Jones/Hadley. Surely others like Steve Price would be ahead of him in the pecking order

Imagine the job description for the person who takes over from Alan Jones at 2GB:

• Ability to cause outrage over electricity bills whilst at the same time support cuts to penalty rates, unemployment benefits and pensions
  • Psychopathic hatred of Malcolm Turnbull
  • Would need to be a suspect if Clover Moore was killed
  • An incredible empathy with Stephanie and the new fascist party she is forming
  • Ability to make nasty remarks about the Prime Minister if the PM suffers a death in the family
  • Aptitude to be able to enjoy a warming planet
  • Ability to remember to send Tony Abbott flowers every February 14
  • Capacity to cause racial riots in otherwise peaceful seaside suburbs
  • No need for any on-air television presence
6 Likes

When a Sydney traffic reporter does a traffic report into Melbourneā€¦ Liveā€¦ On the biggest station on the weekend :persevere:

Urgh, one of the most nervous, awkward and confused traffic reports Iā€™ve ever heard!

Thanks ā€œWarran Purchaseā€.

ATNā€™s Melbourne weekend guy obviously away

Yes, once the footyā€™s over, traffic reports return to 3AW on weekend afternoons (to make the quota during the footy, thereā€™s a traffic report at half-past each afternoon hour on weekdays). Though the Grand Final was a couple of weeks ago.

2 Likes

I donā€™t see a problem.

Have a listen to ABC Newsradio they have one person read the traffic report for every capital city

6 Likes

It shows why traffic reporting shouldnā€™t be done from another city unless the staff member is well versed in pronunciation and major roads.

Regularly happens in Adelaide, traffic reports come from any of the three major eastern capitals.

Brisbane too. River 949 have the gall to have Sando on weekends giving a fishing and beach report, itā€™s laughable, can see right through it.

1 Like

Melbourneā€™s Jimmy Wirtanen has often done traffic reports on Sydney radio, and Warren Purchase spreads himself far and wide as do other ATN reporters. Itā€™s not unusual.

3 Likes

If they do a good job, fine, if not, get them off air.

4 Likes

Fairly sure that KIISā€™ were coming from Brisbane this week for some reason

1 Like

At least Chris Miller is a gun traffic reporter and actually knows what heā€™s talking about.

Heā€™s also with Jimmy Wirtanen in the VicRoads TMC, so when something happens, he can actually look at it!

Also 3AWā€™s weekday morning traffic reporter as of this year, biggest radio program in the country

Also a car and movie tragic, doing Behind The Wheel podcasts & regualrly talking about movies to ABC radioā€™s Raf Epstein during his afternoon crosses :smile:

1 Like

Thanks for the biography.

2 Likes