LEGO Masters

Footage from the series is now available for viewing in this interesting piece Nine have put out. I really like hope Nine and other networks can continue to introduce us to new shows in these ways, prior to the promos popping up and more directly with the key players behind the show speaking to us and not through journalists.

1 Like

I think this show will be a hit. It’s going to be very nostalgic for a lot of people and family friendly too. Maybe they can launch The Voice and this together and air them different nights.

3 Likes

I agree @Chris. The storytelling component Adrian mentions sounds intriguing and it’s something very different from what’s usually on offer.

I reckon Lego Masters will launch after The Voice goes into knockouts phase and is down to 2-3 episodes per week, so around mid May.

1 Like

As a big LEGO fan, I’m actually really looking forward to Lego Masters.
Hope it’s a hit for Nine as it is something a little different to the typical offering.

2 Likes

Will this be the same format as the Uk version, which only consisted of 5 or 6 episodes?

I am not sure. I suspect Nine may want more.

2 Likes

Most shows here go for a bit longer than the UK versions.

1 Like

Nope only about 6 eps it’s a short event series like Nibja Warrior

Saw an ad for this today. I think this might be massive for 9 especially against the weaker competition of House Rules and Masterchef.

Saw that too! Cannot wait! Haven’t been this excited for a FTA TV show for ages!

I don’t think you can classify Masterchef as a ‘weak’ performing show

4 Likes

Why not it is over 10 years old and only rates around 800k a night. Not exactly strong competition and we saw how successful ninja was launching against it.

But isn’t Lego Masters likely to be a one episode a week show? Maybe two episodes per week, if they want to quickly burn through it.

We also saw ANW’s ratings freefall last year to the point where MasterChef beat it on a number of occasions

1 Like

We sure did, but it just proves that a new format can easily launch against it.

I have no idea but I assumed it was going to be a multiple episode a week format. Even so does that just mean it won’t rate? Still think it will be huge. I think it will have the same affect as Ninja in its first season.

I’m pretty sure it will be two episodes a week (Monday/Tuesday) during The Voice live shows.

1 Like

It has the potential to be big, especially since it’s something new. It all depends on how great it is put together. Can’t see it being stripped across the whole week though.

1 Like

800k is 3x what a lot of shows on Ten are getting at the moment. That is a significant increase in competition. It’s really hard to predict though. Lego Master is more likely to initially go up against Bachelor in Paradise who cater for completely different audiences.

I am impressed by the promo’s though. I hope this is once a week on a Sunday but agree it’s more likely to be a couple of nights.

1 Like

I’d say this show is a Tuesday/Wednesday show with TBYG on Mondays and The Voice on Sundays.