Legal* Celebrity Encounters

Walked past Tom Tilley in Martin Place at lunchtime today. He looked familiar and thought he was a mate but then realised I recognised him from The Project. :laughing:

Checked out his Instagram and saw he’s working as a speechwriter and communications advisor for a NSW Minister for Arts and Night Time Economy.

2 Likes

Saw Katy Perry today in London with her daughter at an attraction. Her daughter cracked it when Katy and her partner, Orlando Bloom didn’t let get a lollipop in the store. Maybe her mother taught her how to ā€˜roarrr!!’

1 Like

Driving home last night through the city and Danika Mason crossed the road in front of me heading towards Potts Point.

Reckon I saw Red Symons walking along Swanston Street in the Melbourne CBD around midday today. Not 100% sure if it was him but it certainly looked like him!

GONG HIM RED!

6 Likes

I’ve walked past Red in the Melbourne CBD too, recently.

1 Like

Mitch Edwards and Mark McKie from Location, Location and The Block sitting in an outdoor restaurant/bar in Athens, Greece.

A bit late as these encounters were from earlier this year, but…

  • Saw former Vic Opposition leader Michael O’Brien, very huffed and puffed and puffing red shopping in Chadstone during a trip to Melbourne in January.
  • Met the SA Premier Peter Malinauskas, health minister Chris Picton along with a bunch of other SA MPs at a University event in March.

Just saw Dylan Alcott waiting for the lift at Myer Melbourne.

3 Likes

I rode past Barnaby Joyce on King Street in Sydney on a Lime Bike around 9:30am this morning.

I came within two metres of him. I think I had an inkling that it looked like him, so I kind of stared…long enough for him to realise that I’d made him, lol. He awkwardly looked to the wall on his left.

Looks like he was on 2GB this morning - I guess he was walking back to his hotel from the studios.

Was he chanting dead f***ing c–t to the wall after having a pint or two with Pauline?

I reckon he was sober, that look he gave was not the look of a man who’d had a few

1 Like

Got to meet Bruce Prichard aka Brother Love from WWE When i went to a one man show he did in Sydney a few years ago. (An extension of his podcast) He was very respectful to me but you hear behind the scenes stories.

I’ve heard some horror stories about Barnaby from cousins of mine who live in Tamworth. Apparently he’s the prick.

1 Like

In my lifetime, I’ve come across a few celebrities which have mostly have occurred in Western Australia:

  • I have came across John Burgess at my local Supermarket in East Victoria Park a few times
  • Came across Basil Zempilas at Floreat forum when he was weeknight Sports presenter on Seven News Western Australia
  • Jenny Seaton at Kmart in Morley.

I saw Miranda Tapsell at my local coffee shop today. She was very casually dressed so I wouldn’t have recognised her. But after she spoke and laughed, i figured out it was definitely her.

Back in 2012 coming back from Townsville I was on the same flight as Tony Abbott

Also got a photo and poster autographed be Greedy Smith after Mental As Anything played Beresfield Bowling Club. Sadly this was not long before he passed away