Home and Away

I believe she is the new owner of Salt

1 Like

I was watching last weeks episodes and they visit Robbo’s parents on a farm. I assume it is in NSW? as it is really green. I thought the state was in 98 percent drought or something? I assume it was filmed several months back but still, it looked so green and lush .

1 Like

Seven executives look to TODAY TONIGHT, as the future of HOME AND AWAY now in doubt

TV Blackbox has learned one option currently being considered by SEVEN would see Home and Away move to a later timeslot after the nightly reality offering; the new time would allow the show to better embrace more adult oriented storylines.

Another more radical option currently being considered by SEVEN, would see five new episodes of H&A premiere each Friday evening on streaming platform 7PLUS. Those episodes would then be broadcast across the next week on multi-channel 7TWO.

http://tvblackbox.com.au/page/2019/1/15/seven-home-away

1 Like

Is that his own personal opinion ? Because I would hardly think it’s fact. If it still rates for the younger demographic why would seven screw with it. Look at what happened to Neighbours. They would be mad to put it in a late time slot.

Personal opinion isn’t fact . As is mine is just opinion and also not fact :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

Maybe not a “late” timeslot but more likely a “later” timedlot like 7.30pm.

2 Likes

It’s sad, but it’s time in the 7pm slot is done.

1 Like

Maybe Ten could take it? They desperately need a show that rates at 7pm.

But Seven owns it.

3 Likes

And produces it.

4 Likes

That’ll never change, ever!!!

Ever?

Seven also owned A Place To Call Home. It got sold to Foxtel

2 Likes

foxel acquired the rights to aptch after 7 stopped making it after season 2 seeking that it was skewing the wrong demo and there was back latch. and there was facebook group to save this . and brian walsh was told about it and watched an episode and the rest is history

1 Like

Seven axed it and Foxtel picked it up but Seven Productions kept making the show for Foxtel.

3 Likes

@KevinPerry will be happy that the Express has picked up his story implying that the guillotine is about to drop.

Browsing Twitter I noted that there were rumours about the show’s axing in July 2015 and April 2017, so it was time for another axing rumour.

1 Like

Well Rob sure should knows how to cause rumors like this! Pretty unprofessional of him to suggest that it is coming to an end or being moved without having facts to back it up. Reckless opinion which is going to cause a frenzy. Then again 31 years is pretty darn good, Neighbours should have gotten the axe long time ago, when it moved to Eleven (now 10 Peach).

2 Likes

Exactly. I can’t see Seven continuing to produce a show and sell it to a rival FTA network. Shows like Neighbours that have moved channels were produced by an independent company (eg Grundys). APTCH went to Pay TV. If H&A moves channel, it will be to 7TWO.

1 Like

This story an example of internet clickbait at it’s worst, picked up by numerous tabloids from a fledgling blog (with a short and already questionable reputation) as if it is true without any further journalistic checks.

The fact none of the established media sites in Australia have picked it up says it all.

4 Likes

Of course H&A won’t be going to Ten. I was poking fun at Ten’s early evening disastrous ratings numbers & their premature decision to banish Neighbours to the Multichannels

1 Like

I don’t know, I thought that. But I think 7flix would be a better channel for it.