HM Queen Elizabeth II (1926-2022) -- News Coverage

Correct. Send over Peter Overton and Alicia Loxley present together. The first 30 minutes of the bulletin will be the same in each market. Then the local news can be inserted at 6.30pm and be read by a local presenter.

3 Likes

Why does anyone actually care about who gets sent over from a private company? It’s their choice.

I’ve seriously had enough from both sides of this event. All anyone seems to do is whinge.

11 Likes

Is this your first time at Media Spy? :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye: That’s all that ever happens here.

11 Likes

Welcome to media spy Eurokick :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

1 Like

It’s even more jarring when you see it in person…

2 Likes

I did a double take in the supermarket yesterday when I saw it

Fake news.

Even for MediaSpy it’s been extreme — and that’s saying something. :melting_face:

1 Like

So Ten today screened the Friday episode today in its regular afternoon slot (although partially edited as usual). This edited version of the episode is on 10play but the Thursday episode shown on the weekend is not on 10play. Typical hopeless Ten.

A historic week for The Queen

I mean… they’re not wrong, are they

5 Likes

I saw the mag at Woolworths supermarket this evening after work. It probably went on sale last Thursday or Friday.

Coverage from several more British radio stations, including three national stations (Scala Radio, Smooth Radio & Radio X):

6 Likes

Coverage on 9Gem tonight

10:50 pm finished on 9Gem - switching to main channel.

9 Likes

Looks like both Seven and Nine are now only live in the AEST states. Both channels are delayed into Perth.

For the coffin procession and subsequent service, Seven are taking ITV coverage, whilst Nine are taking the BBC feed with Huw Edwards (someone give that man a rest) hosting, and with just the normal Nine watermark.

Perth with delayed coverage

Today is live into Adelaide this morning. Karl and Ally both presenting from Buckingham Palace. Sunrise also live into Adelaide

7 Likes

ITV in the UK is reported to be simulcasting coverage on all it’s channels next Monday from 6am to Midnight, which virtually everyone agrees is too much for too long, especially as most will watch on the BBC anyway. Certainly by the evening I think viewers will be drifting towards viewing options of a less sombre nature.

2 Likes

After carrying BBC coverage, Nine switched to Sky for overnight, this time with a watermark, hard to see against the captions. 5am start for Today with Kar present this morning - sometimes sitting, mostly standing.

2 Likes

Seven’s coverage faded out around 1:30 am last night with Cannonball taking over :sweat_drops:. Later was NBC Today ahead of Sunrise that began with a pre-recorded “walking opener”.

5 Likes

I wish there was a video of the opener.