HM Queen Elizabeth II (1926-2022) -- News Coverage

I’m recording some coverage and will post later

1 Like

The Melbourne v Brisbane Lions Semi Final should take precedence on the main channel at 7.30pm AEST.

2 Likes

Is it worth a national news from 4pm-7pm on Seven maybe?

So is it confirmed that 9 will have continued coverage on gem after 7 pm?

Seems they’re now starting to repeat interviews that were initially shown overnight. Presumably this is just fillers while they wait for more updates/images, such as Charles and Camilla returning to London.

7 Mate in all markets except for SA which retains the main channel.

2 Likes

I’m referring to the early hours of the morning… as Nine is going right through the night.

Seriously? This is a strange call given Nine are sticking with NRL on the east coast.

7NEWS Special: The Death of Queen Elizabeth II

Rolling royal coverage from 6.00pm on 7NEWS

Join Channel 7 as the network continues its historic commemoration of the death of Her Majesty, Queen Elizabeth II and the proclamation of her heir, King Charles III tonight; across the weekend; and leading up to, and including, her funeral next week.

Mourning the loss of Australia’s longest-serving Monarch, 7NEWS will deliver extended bulletins, from 6.00pm Friday in all capital cities; before returning to special rolling coverage from 7.30pm (7.00pm in Adelaide) and right through until Weekend Sunrise, from 5.00am AEST on Saturday, 10 September on Channel 7 and 7plus.

The Queen’s sudden demise at 96 has been felt deeply around the world, with 7NEWS televising reaction from world leaders, her Commonwealth subjects and more intimately, from her Royal family members.

Programming changes to accommodate the breaking royal news continue tonight, with Better Homes and Gardens to make way for special tributes on 7NEWS: The Death of Queen Elizabeth II.

Royal coverage on Channel 7 around the country includes:

SYDNEY/BRISBANE

6.00pm Friday – 7NEWS (90-minute bulletin) hosted by Mark Ferguson

7.30pm Friday – 7NEWS: The Death of Queen Elizabeth II

5.00am Saturday/Sunday – Weekend Sunrise, hosted by Sally Bowrey and Matt Doran

Nb: 7.30pm Friday AFL – Melbourne v Brisbane Lions to air on 7mate and 7plus

MELBOURNE

6.00pm Friday – 7NEWS (90-minute bulletin) hosted by Peter Mitchell

7.30pm Friday – AFL – Melbourne v Brisbane Lions

11.30pm Friday – 7NEWS: The Death of Queen Elizabeth II

5.00am Saturday/Sunday – Weekend Sunrise

ADELAIDE

6.00pm Friday – 7NEWS (60-minute bulletin) hosted by Jane Doyle

7.00pm Friday – AFL – Melbourne v Brisbane Lions

11.00pm Friday – 7NEWS: The Death of Queen Elizabeth II

4.30am Saturday/Sunday – Weekend Sunrise

PERTH

6.00pm Friday – 7NEWS (90-minute bulletin) hosted by Rick Ardon and Susannah Carr

7.30pm Friday – 7NEWS: The Death of Queen Elizabeth II

3.00am Saturday/Sunday – Weekend Sunrise

Nb: 5.00pm Friday AFL – Melbourne v Brisbane Lions to air on 7mate and 7plus

2 Likes

Why is Brisbane getting Mark Ferguson?

2 Likes

This must have been updated in the last hour? As the below was posted -

2 Likes

Its what the Queen would have wanted.

Today still going at 2:30pm. It means that instead of the normal 3.5 hour show, it will go for 10.5 hours. I am surprised Nine didn’t switch over to Nine News at 12pm, instead keeping Today from 4:30am till 3pm.

7 Likes

coverage on Nine with Today show graphics ended at 3pm. Tom and Georgie have taken over with normal 9 news graphics

1 Like

I phoned the Nine Network this afternoon and asked whether they will have special coverage. The staff member at the Nine Perth told me that there will be extensive coverage during the night. I have a gut feeling that Nine Perth will have to suspend their regular programming during the afternoon and prime time. The lady told me that the NRL will still be shown on the main channel in Sydney and Brisbane.

Nine now with Nine News branding from 3pm

Update:
This graphic isn’t working well for Nine

Can’t seem to decide whether to use it or a second on thy have started to use.

5 Likes

According to online guides, Sarah Ferguson will host the 7pm session (with local news inserts).

EDIT: Sarah and David Speers hosting.

1 Like

10 had Studio 10 branding up until 2pm when they changed to the 10 News First team. They played the tribute package when the changeover occurred.

6 Likes

So a combined bulletin?

So if 7 is broadcasting AFL on main channel in Melbourne will viewers who think the Queen coverage should take priority be able to watch it on 7Mate?!