HM Queen Elizabeth II (1926-2022) -- News Coverage

ABC Promo

8 Likes

Honestly, I wish Seven, or Nine would just hand it over fully to the BBC, ITV, or Sky UK for stories like this - they’re the people who know and would report this the best, don’t see why we need local people doing it

1 Like

Aren’t Seven and 9 simulcasting ITV, BBC or Sky for the funeral.

It says this topic will automatically close in a day. Shouldn’t we at least leave until end of Tuesday to be able to discuss the coverage up to and including the 6pm news.

1 Like

There’s a separate thread for the funeral and coverage before and after. It will open at midday tomorrow AEST (as this one closes) in line with Seven/Nine beginning their funeral coverage then.

1 Like

I’d rather watch the reporters and presenters I know. I find the UK coverage laborious and hard to watch.

So you’re ok with accepting a poorer quality of coverage because it has people on it you know?

1 Like

Nine have stated that their broadcast will include the BBC’s coverage while Seven’s coverage will likely dip in and out of ITV’s coverage.

I think almost all networks will use UK coverage including commentary for some arrivals and the whole funeral. You can’t beat local knowledge and resources.

???

I don’t know if anyone else knows this yet but UKTV on Foxtel is also showing the funeral tomorrow from 6 pm-2 am. It’s now in the EPG.

1 Like

7 has been doing it’s own commentary a lot of the time so far.

Is UKTV showing BBC in HD?

1 Like

UKTV is SD only (on Foxtel) so wouldn’t think so.

Curious to note that 10’s evening schedule on Monday night is comedy based (aside from The Amazing Race), with HYBPA, Just for Laughs and the Montreal Comedy Festival.

Not sure going with the latter two programs especially is a particularly good look especially being the only main channel not taking the funeral.

1 Like

Hopefully black attire for news presenters will be finished after tomorrow night.

1 Like

10 don’t do well when they compete with the other two commercials, I actually think it’s the right decision for them to offer the alternative.

If viewers really want to watch 10’s coverage, they’re showing the funeral on Bold in HD along with an extended 30 mins of The Project from 7:30-8:00pm (and simulcasting the 6:30-7:30pm portion) which I think is a fair compromise.

3 Likes

The only way they will do this is if they show it on BBC First or BBC Earth but its not on there atm

1 Like

10’s coverage tonight included Sandra and several reporters during 10 News First and later Lisa for The Project.

2 Likes

Same on FetchTV

Channel 9 Sydney currently simulcasting Sky News UK

1 Like