HM Queen Elizabeth II (1926-2022) -- News Coverage

6 Likes

5 Likes

Some snippets of 7 and 9’s Adelaide bulletins from yesterday evening:

9 Likes

Weekend Breakfast - no clock - a brief sports report but lacking other news of the the day in contrast to W Sunrise and W Today that did cover other stories.

5 Likes

Charles Croucher and Brett McLeod are outside of the Buckingham Palace

5 Likes

Seven’s revised schedule for today and the next few posted in the Seven Schedule area.

Sunday’s schedule including primetime is completely replaced. The Latest branding will be used Mon-Wed for extended late bulletins . Normal Sunrise, morning and afternoon programming from Monday.

4 Likes

The only other time I’ve seen rolling coverage like this (on all networks) was 9/11.

12 Likes

He didn’t seem too bad from the half hour I watched, but I reckon this is why they put him on in a late shift - let him have a hand at rolling news coverage to gain a bit more experience since it’d be very different to reading a 6pm bulletin.

2 Likes

Other times there has been all network rolling coverage (and the first time) was during coverage of the Gulf War.

1 Like

9/11 was a massive unprecedented event so rolling coverage like that was warranted. My question about is this level of coverage is whether it will be reflected in the ratings.

2 Likes

A difference now is that there are multichannels which gives the networks a lot more flexibility - they can still show sport and alternative programming for viewers who don’t want rolling coverage.

5 Likes

Front pages of today’s newspapers (I posted The Age’s front page last night)
FcMxgNmWQAIB9ML

FcPSsN6WIAcUkY_

mercury

5 Likes

How long will tv presenters etc wear black?

1 Like

Interesting to see Nine Adelaide use a normal opener, unlike TCN, GTV and STW. Not sure if QTQ, NBN or NTD used the normal opener.

DC, Sylvia and Jayne yet again took over Karl & Sarah from 10am. Instead 12pm

David Lipson hosting with Miriam Corowa

2 Likes

7NEWS Regional WA also used the whole bulletin to cover just Queen Elizabeth II’s death, like Nine News Melbourne.

7news Regional WA.

3 Likes

Really? I watched the King shake hands and interact with people when he returned to London and the crowd was quite diverse. :man_shrugging:

3 Likes

David Campbell and Sylvia Jeffreys have taken over the hosting chairs for the continuous coverage of the Queen Elizabeth II passing.

2 Likes