HM Queen Elizabeth II (1926-2022) -- Funeral Coverage

Nine looks fantastic on air. Classy. Clean. Respectful presentation.

Kochie is already rambling and stumbling and their opener was atrocious. Getting the usual booming guy who is reading it like a MKR promo was a big mistake.

15 Likes

seven seems to always disappoint on the big nights ay :smile:

2 Likes

BBC coveage with no watermark

1 Like

Seven just seem to not be able to pull of the “class” in their presentation. Nine always come out with a more polished and experienced product. It’s weird but it does always happen on the big events.

Even down to how Nine think about graphics and presentation. They just do it better - it’s almost old school TV production… but it’s also modern? It’s hard to describe

11 Likes

20 minute bulletin in Wollongong tonight.

4 Likes

I missed that it started late - Qld got a shortened one as well.

Later

Always some interest how the live crosses are handled.

5 Likes

I like the set up on Ch7 and Nat seems very relaxed and sincere. I was crossing between Ch7 and Ch9 and it appeared that Ch7 announced the arrival of the Australian contingent about ten minutes before Ch9.

Even the adult channels on Sky in the UK will be taking the funeral :hushed: (per Twitter, original tweet not linked due to NSFW nature)

5 Likes

Here was coverage openers here in NZ and BBC

TVNZ 1

Three

BBC (via BBC UKTV)

5 Likes

Nine News in Melbourne was the first on the east coast to cut away from the funeral coverage. Unsurprisingly it was to last night’s Brownlows, yet it was several minutes ahead of Seven.

I don’t see why it’s such an issue that 10 have put it on 10 Bold. If viewers do want to watch this significant world event then there are plenty and I mean plenty of ways for them to do that and I’m sure viewers can work that out, but 10 is offering a point of difference for viewers who don’t want to watch it for whatever reason.

Not like 10 was going to be the average person’s choice for coverage anyway.

4 Likes

The Project - on 10Bold with a standard 10 watermark.

Nick Bryant on the show tonight.

3 Likes

Nine News reporter Edward Godfrey is in Edinburgh, Scotland.

3 Likes

Look I agree… but it doesn’t help 10 News First in the long term and their reputation. As you said, there is a reason why people just don’t watch 10 for news in 2022.

But in saying that, they must be commended for their efforts at 5.00pm and The Project. The small team have done some excellent reporting from London.

2 Likes

I know it was inevitable that she would pass away one day and I know that we’ve had ten days to deal with her passing but I still feel very sad. I know the funeral will be quite emotional for me.

2 Likes

Nobody is watching 10 so who cares what they do they are nothing but an irreverent waste of time. Why they even bother with a news service is the real question. If they went the way of the door tomorrow, nobody would care.

5 Likes

Worst voice over choice ever for 7’s coverage.

6 Likes

Yeah we spoke above about it. It is awful.

Seven and Nine use the openers from earlier in the day.

ABC has local news at 7pm with a cross to London included.

4 Likes

ABC NewsRadio are relaying BBC Radio 4’a Coverage.