HD Broadcasting

I wonder what this looks like in Prime country or on an SD TV. :grinning:

4 Likes

“Where the Channel Seven signal is received”

Does that mean, technically, that Prime viewers can’t enter?

1 Like

Prime viewers are able to receive a rebroadcast of the channel 7 signal.

Something like this maybe… :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

15 Likes

How did you do that? That is a bit too old I think :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

But it’s not Seven then.

Same goes for GTS / BKN and SC over in Tas.

Depends how literal you want to be with the meaning of Channel 7 signal. Metro areas are actually broadcast on channel 6 for example so in this case for the Sunrise comp it means channel 7 programming.

1 Like

Well done, but that TV is tuned to Channel 9 !

Interesting, their T&C don’t make it any clearer either

Last night was the first time South Park the series has ever been broadcast in Australia in HD

6 Likes

What about how it has been available on Stan in HD since 2015. Older seasons but definitely HD.

2 Likes

Fair enough, although technically not broadcast

I’m not a fan of South Park, but it’s sad that it’s taken until 2017 for a show to be broadcast in HD for the first time in Australia.
A quick google search revealed it’s been HD since 2009.

2 Likes

Is Comedy Channel still not HD? That’s odd.

Nope, not HD yet, which is bizarre for one of Foxtel sorry foxtel’s main channels.

For the first time ever, I finally found a local business over the weekend, showing 9HD on their TV, instead of the SD version!!

It was a small bar on the nightclub strip. Apart from playing NRL on the TV, I can’t see why they even need one there, the music was so loud the TV couldnt even be heard!

6 Likes

The gym I go to was renovated a few months ago and they put up a bunch of new TVs; the one or two that show broadcast TV have 9HD on them (most of their TVs are displays for music videos, etc.)

I often watch TV with the sound off and listen to the radio at the same time.

Helps me to double my Media Spy input :blush:

3 Likes

I am finding the audio level on WIN HD (now that they have started broadcasting here in Northern NSW) to be quite LOUD compared to TEN HD Sydney. It also seems to be a bit louder than WIN SD (A reflection of their watermarks I suppose!).

I have always found the audio on 9-NBN HD to be louder than on 9HD from Sydney.

A similar theme there with regional HD audio being louder than their metro counterparts?

1 Like

On another note, TEN HD seems to be broadcasting a lot more native HD content now than it was a few months ago.

“Have You Been Paying Attention” is one show I’ve seen lately that still looks like very ordinary SD.

3 Likes