HD Broadcasting

more than likely not, but if you can’t see the loop now on 13, then do so.

I wonder if 7 would quietly launch 7 HD in a very sneaky way to try to beat ten HD like last time?

Is there a outside chance (I’m not saying it will occur) that it could launch quietly together with 7flix on the same date? I know it’s unlikely but I wonder if 7 would do that in a sneaky way?

I reckon that SC should sell its Tasmania, SA, central and Darwin stations to the 7 network

They can’t yet, as that puts 7 over the 75% mark

If Seven in Central Qld has 7 Flix does that mean that when 7 HD relaunches it will launch in that market ?

Seven in Regional QLD is all run by the exact same company that runs Seven in the capital cities.

We have always and will likely continue to always have the same launch dates as the capital cities.

Hence why we are getting 7flix on Sunday just like the capitals.

1 Like

Will I be getting a lesser quality HD image on a 768p 2009 MPEG2 and 4 capable 32 inch LCD tv than on a bigger newer LED TV ?

Like when WIN HD launches here in regional Qld , will my HD look less superior than someone who has a more modern 1080i resolution and slightly larger tv ?

Or does it depend on the bitrate etc and not just one factor ?

You should be able to tell based on what the existing HD channels 1,30, and 73 look like on the two devices.

Yes.

Would be great if all the HD channels regardless of whether they are still multichannels eg SCOne and 7 Mate showed crisp clear pictures. They don’t seem to. Win HD is the crispest . I keep going on about it but it’s so good in quality :slight_smile:

For SBS to go to MPEG4-HD or to improve their HD on the main channel, probably they would need to find extra money I’m guessing . Or knock down the quality of one of their other channels perhaps.

Ten HD comes on board tomorrow at 3PM. No word on 7HD. ABC to launch ABCHD in June.

1 Like

Do you know when in June or did they just announce June ?

I think I remember something about mid June somewhere.

A simple google search of “abc HD in June”

www.tvtonight.com.au/2015/11/abc-upfronts-2016-cleverman-barracuda-50-years-of-play-school.html

2 Likes

SBS’s HD seems ok but noticed when there was movement some small amounts of blockyness.

Titanic in HD on 9HD in the wake of Leonardo DiCaprio’s Oscars win on Monday.

1 Like

Probably fake being Wikipedia … someone has put a date for 7 HD…

(revival 25 March 2016)

Which would put it as 3 weeks and 1 day away.

Hope 7 has their shows in actual HD ! Not sure whether they would have shows ready to go in HD. Win/Nine seems to have a fair few shows in actual HD.

3 Likes

They do. Watching Seven’s online HD channel, pretty much everything is in HD.

1 Like

No confirmation on 7 about 7HD