HD Broadcasting

They used to be when the first 10HD was launched. Since then TVQ has remained fully SD.

2 Likes

Yes, but they also did a soft relaunch of 7Flix at the time with fewer movies and more sitcoms etc.

Not a like for like situation at all.

1 Like

Big Bash was on from 6:30 to 6:39 in Adelaide on Ch74 & the HD was under the 7mate logo

3 Likes

7Mate went HD on the 16 of Jan surely they would have organise a mateHd logo to coincide with the lauch :man_shrugging::man_shrugging:

5 Likes

The HD watermark was put on screen on 7mate during a Live BBL match.

6 Likes

Ummmm. That’s my suburb, my street is literally on that map

2 Likes

Which of those TXs do you get your TV reception from?

1 Like

We get all Metro and Regional channels.

4 Likes

TV Blackbox is reporting that 7Two will temporarily become a HD channel during the Olympics (assuming they go ahead)

6 Likes

Good move.
Hoping the ratings for 7two are good enough for Seven to consider keeping it as a HD channel instead of reverting it back to SD after the Olympics.

7 Likes

dont expect prime7 to have 7two in hd

2 Likes

Would probably depend whether their 7TWO encoding equipment is HD capable?

well 7 mate isnt even in hd so what does that tell you ??? $$$$

2 Likes

There was mention of this in the Seven Media release.

2 Likes

Where will Seven get the spectrum to bump up 7TWO to HD?

3 Likes

They’ll probably temporarily change LCN-74 from 7mate to 7TWO during the Olympics.

1 Like

Do you mean LCN-73? LCN-74 is 7mate HD.

I’m thinking you are probably right. A typical ‘exclusive’ there!

1 Like

Not a typo. I personally think we’ll see 7mateHD temporarily replaced by 7TWO HD. Of course that move is likely to upset the AFL who were hoping that coverage of games will remain in HD, but since they (and more importantly, most viewers) survived having a lack of HD coverage during the Rio Olympics and Gold Coast Commonwealth Games…

1 Like

I think you guys need to reread the article.
72 is turning HD (presumably MPEG4) , replacing the SD stream.
7mate HD is staying put for AFL.

Once the Olympics are over, 72 is switching back to SD.

2 Likes