Game of Thrones

8,000? Prehistoric?

That’s what the article says. I think it’s just imaginative universe like Lord of the Rings.

The eighth and final season will premiere in April 2019, although no exact date has been given.

1 Like

The epic final season of Game of Thrones to premiere in April 2019

It was announced today the eighth and final season of HBO’s global television phenomenon Game of Thrones will make its triumphant return in April 2019.

The epic finale season, consisting of six episodes, will stream and screen in Australia exclusively on FOX SHOWCASE, Foxtel’s premium On Demand drama destination, express from the US in April.

Over the past seven seasons, Game of Thrones has become a cultural icon, attracting record viewers and critical acclaim worldwide. The series garnered nine wins at the 2018 Primetime Emmy Awards, including Outstanding Drama Series and the show stands as the most Emmy-winning primetime scripted series ever, with a record 47 awards.

For viewers wanting to catch up on all seven seasons of Game of Thrones , every episode is currently available to stream through Foxtel On Demand on internet-connected iQ set-top-boxes and on streaming service Foxtel Now.

1 Like

Queen Cersei all the way.

…to her death in cold blood! :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

A cockroach doesn’t die.

1 Like

I’ll make sure that never happens :dragon_face:

haha I would like to see the ‘Queen’ of Dragons try and take her down. It just isn’t going to happen.

Season 8 trailer

2 Likes

I started watching the show a few months ago. Currently at the start of season 6.

Can’t wait for S8 and I’m not even finished :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

1 Like

The final season of Game of Thrones

To premiere April 15

It was announced today the eighth and final season of Game of Thrones will premiere on Foxtel, express from the US, on Monday, April 15.

The epic finale season of HBO’s global television phenomenon, consisting of six movie length episodes, will stream and screen in Australia exclusively on FOX SHOWCASE, Foxtel’s premium On Demand drama destination.

Over the past seven seasons, Game of Thrones has become a cultural giant, attracting record viewers worldwide. The series garnered nine wins at the 2018 Primetime Emmy Awards, including Outstanding Drama Series and the show stands as the most Emmy-winning primetime scripted series ever, with a record 47 awards.

Based on the bestselling book series by George R.R. Martin, created by David Benioff and D.B. Weiss and fuelled by storylines that have gone beyond the narratives set forth in those novels, Game of Thrones is set in the fantasy continents of Westeros and Essos.

The Game of Thrones cast includes Peter Dinklage, Lena Headey, Emilia Clarke, Nikolaj Coster-Waldau, Kit Harington, Maisie Williams, Alfie Allen, John Bradley, Gwendoline Christie, Liam Cunningham, Nathalie Emmanuel and Isaac Hempstead Wright.

3 Likes
3 Likes

Stephanie “Hex” Bendixsen (Good Game, screenPLAY) and James Mathison (Australian Idol) will host a new discussion show Thrones 360 for Foxtel, a one-hour program premiering on March 18 on Fox8 and Fox Showcase. From April 15 it will air on Fox Showcase at 9.30pm AEST, immediately after each episode of the final season of Game of Thrones.
https://www.heraldsun.com.au/entertainment/television/game-of-thrones/new-game-of-thrones-show-coming-to-foxtel/news-story/1eb6dabf452ddc34c52ed91ed6773269

Is this meant to be a replacement for Thronecast? I’m going to be pissed if Sue Perkins doesn’t re-appear on Australian screens for the new season. Why would Foxtel bother with a cheap rip-off when Thronecast manages to attract so many big names from GoT every week to provide insight?

Thrones 360

Foxtel launches Australian Game of Thrones companion series

Hosted by James Mathison and Stephanie ‘Hex’ Bendixsen

Thrones 360 starts Monday, March 18 at 7.30pm on FOX8 & 9.30pm on FOX SHOWCASE

Thrones 360: LIVE aftershow starts Monday, April 15 at 9.30pm on FOX8 & FOX SHOWCASE

On Monday, March 18 at 7.30pm, Foxtel will launch Thrones 360 , the official Australian Game of Thrones companion series, in celebration of the finale season of the global television phenomenon .

Hosted by the hugely talented former Channel [V] and Australian Idol host James Mathison and rising media star Stephanie ‘Hex’ Bendixsen , Thrones 360 is the ultimate accompaniment to Game of Thrones , which launches exclusively in Australia on Foxtel from April 15.

Every Monday in the four weeks leading up to the Game of Thrones finale season, GoT superfans James and Stephanie will recap, dissect and rejoice in the last seven seasons of Game of Thrones , immersing themselves in all things GoT .

On Monday, April 15 at 9.30pm, the series will transform in to a live aftershow, Thrones 360: LIVE , filmed in front of a live studio audience and immediately following the broadcast of each new episode of Game of Thrones .

Each week, James and Stephanie will invite celebrity guests and GoT experts in to the studio to help them analyse that day’s Game of Thrones episode, by discussing key plot details and moments the audience may have missed and speculating on future storylines.

Foxtel’s Executive Director of Television, Brian Walsh, said, “Thrones 360 promises to be a fan favourite and the ultimate companion show to the final season of Game of Thrones. It will be a must-watch every Monday night! We are also delighted to welcome James Mathison back home to Foxtel.

“James has enjoyed a highly successful and varied career since his early days with Channel [V] and is one of Australia’s most gifted television presenters. Securing him for Thrones 360 is a great coup.

“Stephanie Bendixsen is a star on the rise and I am delighted she has signed with Foxtel to take the next step in her burgeoning career. Stephanie is smart, funny, talented and her audition blew us away – she has a big future ahead of her. I’m excited to see what Stephanie will bring to the set of Thrones 360.”

The 11 x 60-minute series will also feature exclusive interviews with leading Game of Thrones cast members, direct from London and special behind-the-scenes footage.

James Mathison said, “I’m a massive fan of Game of Thrones, so when I was asked to be a part of Thrones 360, I couldn’t say yes fast enough. The fact that there are so many twists and turns in every season, plus the fact that everyone has a theory about what’s ahead, means the show is not only brilliant to watch, but also endlessly fascinating to dissect and pull apart.

“I started my TV career at Foxtel and have countless great memories from working here. I was so excited to be back, I pretty much burst through the door. This is a dream gig.”

Stephanie Bendixsen said, “I’m such a Game of Thrones fan. It’s amazing that the fantasy genre, something that was considered so daggy when I was in high school, is suddenly so cool. Here I am hosting Thrones 360 - a show that nerdily dissects dragons and medieval warfare - alongside the awesome James Mathison.

“15-year-old me would never believe this was in my future. I honestly can’t wait.”

Thrones 360 is a Eureka Production for Foxtel. Executive Producers are Sophia Mogford and John Karabelas and for Foxtel, Executive Producer Howard Myers.

• The Game of Thrones finale season will screen from Monday, April 15 at 11.00am AEST and consists of six episodes and a seventh “behind the scenes” special which will wrap the series.

• Subscribers to FOXTEL and FOXTEL Now will be able stream new episodes every Monday from 11.00am.

Thrones 360

Episodes 1-4: Mondays at 7.30pm on FOX8 & 9.30pm on FOX SHOWCASE from March 18

Thrones 360: LIVE

Aftershow Episodes 5-11: Mondays at 9.30pm on FOX SHOWCASE from April 15

Encores also on FOX8, Binge, Arena and The Comedy Channel

Not long now! One month away.

2 Likes

The good news is Thronecast will still be shown on Foxtel. According to c21, the new season of Thronecast will screen on Fox Showcase from April 16 at 10.30pm AEST.

1 Like