Foxtel

Fair bit airs on FOX Classics

1 Like

One such initiative is the ‘Q Break’, or quick break. At the start or end of a program – not during it – Foxtel will run a three-second explainer, followed by two six-second ads.

The ‘M Break’, or minute break, follows a similar format. It involves running two 30-second TVCs before jumping back to the program.

2 Likes

I got over excited when i read that Foxtel was going to enhance the viewing experience. I thought they were going to reduce the 52 minutes worth of ads they play every hour.

3 Likes

I hate when channels do this, just show the ads, there is no need to tell me I’m going to see an ad the next second.

2 Likes

From Mediaweek - When the reel ended, Delany said. “And that’s just the start. There are more Fox channels to come.”

2 Likes

lol

they should just name it:

FOX REPEATS (sells it self)
FOX COMMERCIALS (sponsors and infomercials)
FOX CRAP (anything that has been produced by Rupert owned companies over the last 20 years)
FOX PERTH (which is the plus2 time shift channel)

Linear pay TV channels won’t survive beyond 2025.

8 Likes

For anyone interested:

5 Likes

“What Women Want!”
WTF???

Why do they do that? So they want to keep male viewers away from these channels now?

So stupid!!!

13 Likes

It’s advertising talk, which is exactly what last nights Foxtel event was for. Their targeted audience for the channel/s are overwhelmingly skewed female, with programming to suit.

Of course anyone can watch the channels and a diverse range of people might find the content interesting but they’re just highlighting a specific demographic here.

Kind of like how 10 bang on about under 50’s audience, but people over the age of 50 might really enjoy their content too.

A non issue really, no need to be outraged.

10 Likes

Is Lifestyle getting a new logo, or is that just for the purpose of that Graphic?

2 Likes

New logo

Foxtel should also brand a Channel as “What Men Want”

Actually why stop there? This could catch on everywhere:

• Triple M: What Bogans Want
  • Alan Jones: What Women Don’t Want
  • Rove: What No One Wants
  • Netflix: What Foxtel Don’t Want
4 Likes

What about?

• Foxtel: What Viewers Don’t Want. :stuck_out_tongue:
6 Likes

Wait, they are finally making a Fox1 and didn’t use this logo?
Screenshot_14

1 Like

The current Lifestyle branding only lasted three years but I’m gad they’re getting rid of it. That chevron/heart/tick/whatever the hell it is element has always annoyed me.

Not sure why they felt the need to ascribe those channels solely to women in that presentation. Did they miss the controversy last year when Ten attempted to assign genders to Boss and Cumquat? I’m more likely to be watching one of the Lifestyle channels than a sport or doco channel on the odd occasion I fire up the Foxtel these days and my junk was still attached last time I looked.

8 Likes
2 Likes

I can understand why an Australian commercial network wouldn’t be interested in airing this despite the enduring popularity of the series. A renovation show that doesn’t constantly feature product placement and contrived scenes with the participants shopping at a homewares store chain or taking a break at a fast food franchise would be a step too far for our networks.

10 Likes

The renovation shows on 9Life seem to generally have any promotional logos blurred out.

1 Like

It’s seems to me that Fox cricket isn’t committed to women’s cricket though. They don’t show oversees tours, they only simulcast the WBBL and Women’s home international matches.

1 Like

They have a lot of more important matches to show then women’s cricket. Unless they want to spend bend the big bucks and do a Fox Cricket for women, (which would be a financial waste) just like the Women’s league is.