Foxtel

Foxtel Broadband Unlimited data plans

New unlimited broadband and home phone bundles feed customers’ growing data appetites

Foxtel today announced the launch of its new Unlimited broadband and home phone bundles, designed to meet the ever increasing data needs of Australian households. The new bundles are built for entertainment, delivered over one of Australia’s largest telecommunications networks, and feature unlimited broadband, a home phone service and access to Foxtel’s unbeatable TV programming.

With the number of internet enabled devices in each home on the rise, coupled with a proliferation of data intensive activities like video streaming, Australian consumers are demanding more from their broadband service than ever before. Foxtel’s new unlimited broadband data plans are designed to meet this demand and eliminate household concerns over exceeding monthly data caps.

Andrew Lorken, Foxtel’s Executive Director of Broadband, IT and PMO, said, “Customers are telling us they love the combination of Foxtel’s unbeatable premium TV entertainment and our broadband and home phone services, and that they are growing hungrier for broadband data to feed their insatiable appetite for online entertainment such as Foxtel’s on-demand video streaming service Anytime. Our new unlimited broadband bundles satisfy this hunger, giving our customers the freedom to browse, stream and connect with friends on multiple devices in their homes at any time of the day or night without worrying about data usage. And when combined with the Foxtel Hub, Foxtel’s very own WiFi modem, built with the latest modem technology and designed to deliver fast WiFi speeds and great in-home coverage, it’s easy to see how Foxtel’s new unlimited broadband bundles are truly ‘built for entertainment’.”

From today, new and existing Foxtel customers can access two new unlimited broadband and home phone bundles, designed to accommodate today’s data demanding homes. For $115* per month on a 12 or 24 month plan, new customers can acquire and existing customers can add unlimited broadband and home phone with unlimited standard local and national calls to any non-Platinum HD Foxtel TV package. Better yet, new and existing Foxtel Platinum HD TV subscribers will pay only $95^ per month on a 12 or 24 month plan to acquire or add an unlimited broadband and home phone bundle.

Foxtel broadband subscribers who take up a 24 month plan will receive a Foxtel Hub at no extra charge.

For customers who don’t need unlimited data, Foxtel will also now offer a new 100GB~ broadband and home phone bundle for $80~ per month on a 12 or 24 month plan, when bundled with or added to any Foxtel TV package.

Today’s news comes as Foxtel celebrates the first anniversary of its broadband and home phone bundles, which launched in February 2015 and which have seen significant growth in the past 12 months.

Foxtel’s broadband and home phone bundles offer subscribers a simple customer experience, utilising a single Foxtel account for their TV, broadband and home phone services. Foxtel Broadband Bundles have been specifically designed with entertainment and video in mind and in a way that maximises the value of a Foxtel subscription through flexibility, customisation of services and the best in TV entertainment.

Key features of Foxtel’s TV, broadband and home phone bundles include:

• Broadband and home phone delivered over one of Australia’s largest telecommunications networks.
• Three broadband data subscription options to choose from, including unlimited broadband, unlimited broadband with Platinum HD and 100GB broadband1.
• The Foxtel Hub – Foxtel’s WiFi modem, designed to deliver fast WiFi speeds2, great in-home coverage and easy streaming to multiple devices.
• Unlimited standard local calls3 across all three bundles, with the added benefit of unlimited standard national calls included in the unlimited broadband bundles.
• No data download limits for Foxtel TV on Foxtel Go and Anytime when connected to Foxtel Broadband4.
• Easy management of all Foxtel services via MyAccount.
• A convenient single bill and source of customer care, including billing and 24/7 technical support.

Foxtel’s new broadband and home phone bundles are available from today.

For more information please visit: www.foxtel.com.au.

*Min cost range $3459 to $5979 on a 24 month direct debit plan, depending on included TV pack, based on the bundling/ addition of an Unlimited Broadband Home Bundle and a Non-Platinum HD TV pack, includes a $99 bundle activation fee.
^Min cost $5595 on a 24 month direct debit plan, based on the bundling/ addition of an Unlimited Broadband Home Bundle to a Platinum HD TV pack, includes a $99 bundle activation fee.
~Min cost range $2619 to $5235 on a 24 month direct debit plan, depending on included TV pack, based on the bundling/addition of a 100GB Home Bundle to a Foxtel TV pack, Entertainment to Platinum HD, includes a $99 bundle activation fee. Bundle prices only apply where you continue to take all relevant services in that bundle. Cancel fees apply.

Don’t expect more linear channels on Foxtel according to Foxtel CEO - Foxtel's Brian Walsh on future direction of the subscription TV giant - Mediaweek

It is not our intention to add any more linear channels. We rationalised our channel lineup with Bio last year and we have rationalised with Channel [V] last week. There are no plans to cut any other channels, but there is an absolute focus to increase the marketing and promotion of our on-demand capabilities.”

Obviously the new shopping channel Yes Shop doesnt count…

After the debacle of #IQ3 - I’m not sure it’s appropriate for a price rise. Yet it’s happening.

###Relive the magic of Harry Potter all Easter weekend on Foxtel

Extra Pop Up Potter Channel to keep families enchanted for the holidays

In a first for Foxtel Movies – and as a special addition for subscribers – all eight Harry Potter films will be available on a four-day pop up channel over the Easter weekend providing a unique opportunity for fans and new viewers to experience these critically acclaimed must-watch movies. The eight blockbuster films will screen back-to-back in chronological order starting from 6am on Good Friday March 25 and wrapping up in the early hours of Tuesday March 29, 2016.

Based on the incredibly successful fantasy novels by J.K. Rowling, the series chronicles the adventures of young wizard Harry Potter (Daniel Radcliffe) and his two best friends Hermione Granger (Emma Watson) and Ron Weasley (Rupert Grint) as they explore the world of magic at Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry.

For more than a decade, the Harry Potter films have captivated the hearts and imaginations of children and adults all over the globe with enchanting tales of magic, adventure and friendship.

The Harry Potter Pop-up channel will be available to Foxtel Platinum and Foxtel Movies subscribers on channel 400 and features all eight hit films including:

• Harry Potter and the Philosopher’s Stone (2001) – On his eleventh birthday young Harry Potter learns he is the orphaned son of two powerful wizards and possesses unique magical powers of his own. He enrols as a student at Hogwarts where he befriends Ron and Hermione who help him discover the truth about his parents’ mysterious deaths.

• Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets (2002) – Follows Harry as he ignores warnings not to return to Hogwarts for his second year as the school becomes terrorised by a dark force that has been unleashed by sinister powers.

• Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban (2004) – Harry’s third year at Hogwarts starts off badly when he learns a deranged killer has escaped from Azkaban prison and is bent on harming the teenage wizard. While a swarm of dark enforcers, called Dementors, arrive at the school to protect it from the killer, a mysterious new teacher helps Harry learn to defend himself.

• Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire (2005) – Harry returns for his fourth year at Hogwarts and is selected to compete in a dangerous tournament that pits his school against the wizards and witches from two other schools of magic.

• Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix (2007) – Now in his fifth year at Hogwarts, Harry is forced to defend himself against charges of using magic while underage. As his expulsion from the school is considered, Harry decides to prepare a group of students to protect the Hogwarts against a rising tide of evil.

• Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince (2009) – Now sixteen years old, Harry experiences new dangers within the walls of Hogwarts, which is no longer a safe haven for students. He turns to the schools trusted headmaster, Dumbledore, to help prepare him for his final battle against the rising tide of darkness.

• Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows: Part 1 (2010) – Harry, Ron and Hermione must rely on one another more than ever as evil forces threaten to tear them apart. Harry’s nemesis, Lord Voldemort has seized control of Hogwarts and is searching for Harry as he and his friends prepare for the ultimate showdown.

• Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows: Part 2 (2011) – A final clash between good and evil awaits as Harry, Ron and Hermione prepare for a final battle against Lord Voldemort. Harry has grown in strength on his mission to rid the world of evil, which prepares him for an epic showdown where the forces of darkness may finally meet their match.

In addition to the Harry Potter pop up movies channel, subscribers can enjoy Foxtel Movies when and where they want both live or in Anytime (on demand) with an internet connected iQ box^. For customers without an internet connected iQ box, Foxtel’s Harry Potter pop up movies can be recorded to a Foxtel iQ set top box and played back at their convenience.

For customers not on the Foxtel Platinum or Foxtel Movies subscription all films will be available to rent via the Foxtel Store.

###Richard Freudenstein

Foxtel Chief Executive Officer, Richard Freudenstein, has announced that he will stand down from the company after four-and-a-half years to pursue other interests.

News Corp Australia Chief Executive Officer, Peter Tonagh, will take over as Foxtel’s chief executive.

“It has been a privilege to lead Foxtel through the most dynamic and intensely competitive period of its history. I am extremely proud to have worked with such a great team of people who have all helped deliver our strategic plans by achieving significant subscriber growth, reduced churn and a substantial lift in our investment in Australian programming,” Mr Freudenstein said.

Foxtel Chairman, Robert Nason, thanked Mr Freudenstein on behalf of Foxtel’s shareholders, Telstra and News Corp, for his determination in driving the company’s success in both its commercial results and the quality of content it delivered to consumers.

Mr Freudenstein said he was proud of the Foxtel team’s achievements. “So much has happened in the past four-and-a-half years. Highlights include the 2012 London Olympics where we revolutionised coverage with eight channels and every gold medal live, the launch of Foxtel Go, the re-packaging of Foxtel content to reduce prices and drive record growth, the finalisation of major sporting deals, and the launch of an exciting array of Australian programs, many of which have won major awards. We have been at the forefront of the revolution in the way Australians view television.”

Mr Freudenstein said Foxtel had played a big part in his professional life. “I was a member of the Foxtel team in its earliest days in the 1990s and it has been a genuine privilege to lead it during these important years. I am confident that the business has the financial strength, innovative spirit and depth and breadth of content relationships to meet the challenges of a rapidly changing media landscape. I am excited about Foxtel’s future and I wish Peter and the team all the best.”

Mr Freudenstein will leave Foxtel at the end of April but will remain in his long-standing position as a News Corp nominee on the board of REA Group Limited (REA).

News Corp’s global Chief Executive, Robert Thomson, thanked Mr Freudenstein for his strategic direction and leadership of Foxtel and particularly welcomed his decision to stay on the REA board.

“News Corp is now the world’s largest player in digital real estate and Richard has been integral to our domestic and international growth,” Mr Thomson said.

“His leadership and guidance were pivotal in the acquisition of realtor.com in the US and I am delighted he will remain involved in this dynamic part of our business.”

Telstra Chief Executive Officer, Andrew Penn, said it was important Foxtel maintained its momentum.

“Peter is well positioned to lead Foxtel through the next phase of its evolution and build on Richard’s achievements,” Mr Penn said.

Mr Tonagh, who held the joint roles of Chief Operating Officer and Chief Financial Officer at Foxtel for nine years, said it was an honour to return to a business he knew and loved.

“Foxtel is an incredible business with an exciting future and I look forward to building on Richard’s contribution to deliver the next stage of Foxtel’s growth,” Mr Tonagh said.

Mr Freudenstein and Mr Tonagh will work together to transition the Foxtel leadership over coming weeks.

Earlier this week Foxtel announced its basic package would go up by $1 to $26 per month, its first price rise in two years. More details can be found here
It’s interesting Foxtel subscription has gone up after it lost the rights to Showtime programs and English Premier League.

they can’t even get the FTA channels through the aerial right on their MySuck and IQ boxes. I’m still waiting for them to re-add 9Gem despite them saying they did 2 weeks ago… bull. And others still haven’t got it back either.

Me too mate still waiting for them.

Foxtel has a new CEO http://www.news.com.au/finance/business/media/news-corp-chief-executive-peter-tonagh-will-be-new-boss-of-foxtel/news-story/9dcd3c7d28b710d50f958a94c7a6489e

Sky Thoroughbred Central will be going HD in April…

2 Likes

Great news all round. Victorian racing is stuck in glorious SD. The difference between Caulfield and Randwick will be contrasting

Foxtel Anytime is unlocked to all channels except baby tv until March 16-30th.For those people that use this service and had no idea…like me.thanks Foxtel.

Just checked All non subscribed channels are locked for me (Foxtel Play)

As far as I know, the promotion is for Foxtel Go (i.e. those with Foxtel cable/satellite connections), not Foxtel Play.

1 Like

Any news on Sky Thoroughbred Central going HD in April for The Championships

Just tried on my phone, and looks like you’re right, all channels unlocked on Foxtel Go.

I’ve been trying to put together a complete history of channel additions, renamings and removals on Foxtel (excluding pop-up and interactive channels) and it’s close to complete now:

http://www.tvchannellists.com/List_of_Line-Up_Changes_on_Foxtel

If anyone has any additional dates they can give me or have any corrections, please let me know.

2 Likes

Sky Thoroughbred Central will be HD this Friday (no April Fools’ joke) in time for The Championships.

2 Likes

I’m housesitting for my olds at the moment and they have Foxtel (SD only). Wow I don’t know how you guys watch anything. The picture quality is absolutely horrendous!!

2 Likes

Yes you really need HD on fox the SD especially of the sports channels is horrendous.