Foxtel

I think maybe it’s more to do with branding. Foxtel would want to be the provider of the default user interface. Not just another app.

1 Like

It’s funny when it’s a new.ltd love in, its never behind a pay wall…

Next week; I really think they have missed the boat, cause from next week, more things will be lifted, and who will think, yeah I am going to buy a new service?

https://www.adelaidenow.com.au/entertainment/television/foxtels-new-app-will-be-jampacked-with-local-and-international-drama-and-movies/news-story/91346c2d414952fb960386a065aa48fe

Though The Australian’s story is behind their paywall.

https://www.theaustralian.com.au/business/media/foxtel-to-binge-on-seismic-change/news-story/17eb7644d213fabcb6385c125c7afcf2

And the tiser says no name has been muted. :thinking:. Someone is telling porkies.

Oz story was behind a paywall.

And News.com.au stories don’t go behind the paywall when republished by the tabloids.

According to Foxtel’s website, Smooth won’t continue past June 30. In its place, Foxtel Arts will once again be a 24 hour channel from July 1.

4 Likes

I wasn’t sure where to post this, but given it originally aired on Foxtel I guess this is the most appropriate place.

Great little read!

1 Like

Launched their careers? Given that I knew of Claudia Karven and Asher Keddie before the launch of this show. Was it 2005? Is it about right?

I don’t think launch is the correct standard in which should be applied here. It makes it sound they were nobodies. Claudia Karven was well known for The Secret Life Of Us, which came first before Love My Way (Both are my favourites)

1 Like

Claudia Karvans career was launched with the movie The Heartbreak Kid in 1993. Asher Keddie’s career was launched in State Coroner in 1997.

It did make them very well known I guess though

TBI reports Foxtel has bought two factual shows from RTÉ Programme Sales: Incredible Homes (hosted by Dermot Bannon), and Donal’s Meals in Minutes hosted by YouTuber Donal Skehan.

DreamWorks pop-up channel

Channel 700 from Monday 1 June to Tuesday 30 June.

FOXTEL AND NBCUNIVERSAL INTERNATIONAL NETWORKS LAUNCH DREAMWORKS POP-UP CHANNEL FOR JUNE

In an Australian first Foxtel, in conjunction with NBCUniversal International Networks (NBCUIN), will launch a DreamWorks pop-up channel for the month of June, offering all Foxtel residential customers exclusive access to the hugely popular content dedicated to kids and family entertainment television. The DreamWorks channel airs in eleven territories across Asia, Europe and the Middle East and now will extend to Australian audiences from Monday, 1st June.

The DreamWorks pop-up channel will offer Foxtel customers extra value to their subscription and provide families with hours of entertainment while isolating at home, with back-to-back television programming featuring the most loved DreamWorks characters.

The channel will be available on Foxtel (Channel 700) for all residential subscribers from Monday, 1st June to Tuesday, 30th June.

Amanda Laing , Commercial Officer, Foxtel Group, said: “This exclusive pop-up channel is a great opportunity for our loyal Foxtel viewers to discover and sample a range of new and exciting family content from the incredible DreamWorks creative team. We’re delighted to work together with our partners at NBCUniversal to provide this additional channel at no extra cost throughout June for our residential customers at a time we know Australians are watching more and more Foxtel at home.”

“We are excited to be able to extend our partnership with Foxtel to offer Australians this pop-up channel with 24-hour access to some of the best-known DreamWorks franchises and characters, bringing the magic of adventure and imagination to our screens,” said Chris Taylor , Managing Director, NBCUniversal International Networks and Television Distribution, ANZ. “We couldn’t think of a more fitting time to be able to give Australians their fix of premium kids and family entertainment while isolating at home.”

For the whole month of June, Foxtel customers will be able to access a leading slate of signature DreamWorks TV shows that take them on a journey from the fantastical and colourful world of Poppy, Branch and all of the Troll Village in Trolls: The Beat Goes On! ; to following Po in an epic adventure series, Kung Fu Panda: The Paws of Destiny , as he embarks on a journey to teach four mischievous panda cubs who are destined to save the world.

Viewers can join adrenaline-fueled snail, Turbo, and his snail crew in Turbo FAST ; and follow Wally and his whip-smart best friend, Wenda, around the globe as they earn their stripes as members of the Worldwide Wanderer Society, taking on a variety of challenges, forming friendships, celebrating cultures and solving problems in Where’s Wally? .

And, in a quest to reach new heights and protect the world, Tales of Arcadia: Trollhunters , will follow an ordinary teenager, Jim Lake Jr., as he plays a crucial role in the ancient battle of good and evil.

Subscribers will also enjoy hours of laughs and their daily dose of comedy with The Adventures of Rocky and Bullwinkle as the world-famous talking moose and flying squirrel bring their goofball antics to the screen available first on Foxtel. Meanwhile in Dawn of the Croods , the world’s first family navigate their way through modern-day life. And entertaining families across the country, The Mr. Peabody & Sherman Show will see the world’s smartest dog and his boy, Sherman, host their zany late-night comedy program, jam-packed with great musical acts and very special historical guests .

The DreamWorks pop-up channel will be available to all Foxtel residential subscribers on Channel 700 from Monday, 1st June to Tuesday, 30th June.

1 Like

FX ANNOUNCES SLATE OF NEW AND RETURNING SHOWS COMING TO FOXTEL IN 2021

New Shows:

Teacher , The Old Man , Y: The Last Man

Returning Series:

American Crime Story , American Horror Story , Archer , Better Things , Breeders , Dave , It’s Always Sunny in Philadelphia , Mayans M.C. , Pose , Snowfall , What We Do in the Shadows and Mr Inbetween

Foxtel is proud to announce the critically acclaimed Australian half hour series Mr Inbetween , created, written by and starring Scott Ryan as the criminal-for-hire “Ray Shoesmith”, will return for a third season on FOX SHOWCASE.

FX has officially given the green light to American Horror Stories , a spin-off of Ryan Murphy’s award-winning hit anthology series American Horror Story . American Horror Stories is a weekly anthology series that will feature a different horror story each episode.

American Horror Story , the longest running hour-long series in FX’s history — will debut its 10th installment in 2021. FX has also ordered the show through season 13. American Horror Story and American Horror Stories are produced by 20th Century Fox Television.

The acclaimed comedy series Dave , and Breeders will return for second seasons and What We Do in the Shadows has secured a third season.

There are three new FX original series. The 10-episode, half-hour limited series A Teacher , starring Kata Mara and Nick Robinson, from Hannah Fidell, Michael Costigan, Jason Bateman, Danny Brocklehurst and Kate Mara. Produced by FX Productions.

The drama series The Old Man , starring Jeff Bridges, John Lithgow and Amy Brenneman from John Steinberg & Robert Levine, Warren Littlefield, Dan Shotz, Jeff Bridges, David Schiff and Jon Watts. The Old Man is produced by Fox 21 Television Studios.

And Y: The Last Man , a drama based on Brian K. Vaughn’s acclaimed comic book series and starring Diane Lane, from showrunner Eliza Clark and producers Nina Jacobson, Brad Simpson and Vaughn. Produced by FX Productions.

Other returning series include:

The third installment of the Emmy ® and Golden Globe ® award-winning limited series American Crime Story , Impeachment: American Crime Story , starring Beanie Feldstein, Sarah Paulson and Clive Owen from producer Ryan Murphy and produced by Fox 21 Television Studios and FX Productions.

Season 11 of the Emmy Award-winning animated comedy series Archer. Produced by FX Productions.

Season five of the acclaimed and award-winning comedy series Better Things created by, starring, written and directed by Pamela Adlon. Produced by FX Productions.

The record 15th season of the acclaimed hit comedy series It’s Always Sunny in Philadelphia. Produced by FX Productions.

Season three of Ryan Murphy and Steven Canals’ Emmy Award winning drama series Pose . Produced by FX Productions.

Season three of motorcycle drama Mayans M.C. , produced by Fox 21 Television Studios and FX Productions.

Season four of the acclaimed drama series Snowfall . Produced by FX Productions.

1 Like

Hope it returns. Still miss the channel. I find Max just plays too much 80s. Sad to see Max go though :frowning:

1 Like

The new music channels:

• MTV Hits (ch. 801)
  • Club MTV (ch. 803)
  • MTV Classic (ch. 804)
  • Country Music Television (CMT) (ch. 805)
  • Nick Music (a dedicated music channel for kid and family-friendly music) (ch. 802)

Odd that MTV Music and MTV Dance are also being removed.

2 Likes

MTV Hits replaces Music and Club MTV replaces MTV Dance. They’d just be doubles.

2 Likes

Looking forward to seeing what MTV classics will be like, hopefully get to see old mtv unplugged episodes.

3 Likes

It’s going to be more-or-less the same as the MTV Classic channel on Fetch, so no high hopes for that.

Doesnt look like anything is going to be HD either based of just the single channel numbers, it is 2020 modern music clips are all HD or better! Regarding MTV classic vs Max I dont think we will see the very customised countdown featuring a lot of australian music like Max has shown.
I think this is a further sign of the decline of foxtel.

2 Likes

From ViacomCBS media release:

The new local channels go live on Foxtel from 1 July and will celebrate even more of the music audiences love, with curated music blocks for rock and pop, contemporary and country, charts and dance, urban R&B, easy listening and the all-time classics.