Foxtel

The renovation shows on 9Life seem to generally have any promotional logos blurred out.

1 Like

It’s seems to me that Fox cricket isn’t committed to women’s cricket though. They don’t show oversees tours, they only simulcast the WBBL and Women’s home international matches.

1 Like

They have a lot of more important matches to show then women’s cricket. Unless they want to spend bend the big bucks and do a Fox Cricket for women, (which would be a financial waste) just like the Women’s league is.

Don’t know if anyone else already saw this, but there doing another pop up channel over the school holidays. It’s a Nickelodeon related pop up channel (702) and its all sponge BoB episode. I think it’s meant to run from sep 21- oct 8.

4 Likes

Explain to me why the women’s league is a waste?? Its absolutely not. We see our women’s southern stars dominating World cricket yet apparently Foxtel doesn’t appreciate it and thinks they can give it the bear minimum. If I was then, I would be investing heavily in women’s cricket and that would also include broadcasting at a minimum the WNCL Final

3 Likes

Details here:

1 Like

It’s mostly to do with how other countries broadcast women’s cricket. For example, Nine were able to show the Women’s Ashes because Sky UK broadcasts all international women’s matches played in England. However, the recent T20 series Australia played against the West Indies was only broadcast via a web stream and hence why it was only available through Cricket Australia’s website/app.

1 Like

It’s a cop-out, but Foxtel is scaling down on production so it’s no surprise

1 Like

Do you have something against women’s sport and women in general?

From Foxtel

Foxtel and ABC expand relationship to include ABC iview

Foxtel and the Australian Broadcasting Corporation today announced an expansion of their long-standing relationship, with ABC iview to join the suite of on demand services available through Foxtel’s IQ3 and IQ4 set top boxes.

Foxtel CEO Patrick Delany said: “We are very pleased to be expanding our relationship with the ABC. It will see us extend the audience reach Foxtel has historically provided the ABC with the availability of both live channels and on demand content with the integration of the iview app into the New Foxtel Experience.

“This will see ABC iview available in more than 1.2 million Australian homes with the iQ3 or iQ4 in November, alongside Netflix and the SBS On Demand app.”

ABC Managing Director David Anderson said: “ABC iview has been at the vanguard of video on demand in Australia since it started 11 years ago and it continues to be the leading free-to-air VOD service.

“It is great that iview will now be available directly through Foxtel, making it easier for subscribers to watch even more fantastic Australian content.”

The iview app on Foxtel will offer a catch-up service for ABC content including its most popular shows such as Gruen , Old People’s Home for 4 Year Olds and Glitch , together with much-loved ABC Kids programming like Bluey and Play School . The app also provides live streams of the ABC’s television networks.

1 Like

So it certainly sounds like they are trying to head in the direction of being that “entertainment hub” with all online platforms slowly integrated into the iQ.

That will help Foxtel subscribers in some parts of Australia which are unable to receive ABC through the terrestrial signals for various reasons.

Assuming they have an adequate internet service.

1 Like

I think all the ABC’s apart from ABC1 HD is currently available via foxtel sat unless these are going to get pulled

2 Likes

Does Foxtel still have first run rights to Bob’s Burgers?

They never did

1 Like

Didn’t channel 10/11/ peach have this?

1 Like

Yep