Foxtel Now

Blockbuster drama series

Immerse yourself in an epic weekend of drama with some of the world’s best actors, directors and most lavishly produced series of all time. With Foxtel’s biggest blockbuster dramas available to stream on demand, viewers will have plenty to choose from as they settle in at home.

Here are ten of the best – binge on an old favourite or discover something new:

Band of Brothers Featuring an all-star cast including Michael Fassbender, Tom Hardy, Donnie Wahlberg, James McAvoy, David Schwimmer, Jimmy Fallon, Simon Pegg and Colin Hanks. The World War Two series – based on Stephen Ambrose’s bestseller about “East Company”, part of the 506th Regiment of the 101st Airborne Division – begins with their training in 1942 and follows them into France on D-Day and then onto the Allied Victory in 1945.

Rome - Described as the show that helped pave the way for Game of Thrones, Rome is an epic tale which explores the lives of Lucius Vorenus (Kevin McKidd) and Titus Pullo (Ray Stevenson), two ordinary Roman soldiers, who find their lives entwined with historic events and turn into heroes after their feats in the arena. Rome also features Tobias Menzies (Brutus), Ciaran Hinds (Caesar) who also appear in Game Of Thrones.

Game of Thrones “Vala Morghulis,” “Hold the door,” “You know nothing Jon Snow.” Arguably the world’s most popular drama series, Game of Thrones is based on the bestselling books by George R.R. Martin and winner of 59 Emmy awards. Set in a world where seasons stretch on for years, the story begins as characters battle to claim the ‘Iron Throne’ and rule all of Westeros. Stars Peter Dinklage, Lena Headey, Emilia Clarke, Kit Harington and Sophie Turner.

The Pacific Starring Academy Award winner Rami Malek (Bohemian Rhapsody) and featuring some of Australia’s finest actors including Damon Herriman, Gary Sweet, Anna Torv, Henry Nixon, Claire van der Boom and Isabel Lucas. The Pacific is an honest and visually stunning exploration of World War Two, which follows three Marines from different regiments as they struggle to survive during America’s battle with the Japanese in the Pacific.

Boardwalk Empire Created by Terence Winter and the pilot episode directed by Martin Scorsese, this period crime drama is set in Atlantic City, New Jersey during the Prohibition era of the 1920s. The critically acclaimed and award-winning series stars Steve Buscemi as Enoch ‘Nucky’ Thompson, a corrupt treasurer and powerful political figure, Kelly Macdonald as Margaret Nucky’s mistress and Michael Shannon as Prohibition Agent Nelson.

True Detective Over three stand-alone seasons, US Police officers and detectives are forced to face dark secrets about themselves while investigating complex homicides. Stars Matthew McConaughey, Woody Harrelson, Michelle Monaghan, Colin Farrell, Vince Vaughn, Rachel McAdams Taylor Kitsch, Mahershala Ali and Stephen Dorff.

True Blood Starring Anna Paquin, Stephen Moyer, Alexander Skarsgard (Big Little Lies) Joe Manganiello (Magic Mike) and Australia’s own Ryan Kwanten, True Blood is based on the best-selling Sookie Stackhouse novels by Charlaine Harris. Created by Alan Ball (Six Feet Under), the series is the dramatically wild portrayal of a young waitress Sookie (Paquin) with the gift of reading minds and a fascination with vampires who have “come out of the coffin’ to try living amongst humans.

Vinyl Created by Mick Jagger, Martin Scorsese and Terence Winter, Vinyl tells the story of Richie Finestra (Bobby Cannavale), a shrewd record executive trying to promote his music label American Century amidst the changing music scene of the 1970s. With a soundtrack featuring Iggy Pop, Aimee Mann and Elvis Costello, Vinyl takes you on a ride through the sex and drug addled music business at the dawn of disco, punk and hip-hop. Also stars Olivia Wilde, Ray Romano, Juno Temple and James Jagger.

Westworld The sci-fi thriller, originally set in a Western style theme park where guests indulge fantasies with robots, soon bends genres and lures viewers in with mystery, action and thrills. Starring Anthony Hopkins, Evan Rachel Wood, Ed Harris, James Marsden, Luke Hemsworth and Thandie Newtown. Featuring a unique soundtrack that includes tracks from The Cure, Radiohead, Soundgarden and The Rolling Stones. (Season 1 & 2 available in full, with new episodes from season 3 added weekly).

Watchmen Starring Regina King, Jeremy Irons and Don Johnson, Watchmen is set in an alternate America where police conceal their identities behind masks to protect themselves from a terrorist organisation. The series begins with Detective Angela Abar (King) investigating the attempted murder of a fellow officer. Rolling Stone magazine called it “a dazzling reinvention” as the series embraces the nostalgia of the original groundbreaking graphic novel of the same name while breaking new ground of its own.

Foxtel NOW this weekend

Get ready to settle in this weekend as Foxtel streams all the best drama, movies and entertainment, live and On Demand, including:

• The Top 10 Biggest Blockbusters collection, featuring some of the world’s best dramas
  • The Cooking at Home and Sweet Treats compilations, to inspire you in the kitchen
  • New film releases Onward , The Invisible Man and Emma , available on Foxtel Store

Immerse yourself in an epic weekend of drama with the Top 10 Biggest Blockbusters collection, featuring some of the world’s best actors, directors and most lavishly produced series of all time. With these ten top dramas available to stream on demand – Band of Brothers, Boardwalk Empire , Game of Thrones , True Detective, Rome, True Blood, The Pacific , Vinyl , Watchmen and Westworld – you won’t even want to leave the house this weekend!

Running out of ideas on what to cook? Foxtel is serving up inspiration with its Cooking at Home on demand stunt – a delicious line-up of the best cooking series available on demand for the entire family to enjoy. Whether you’re looking for new recipes or simply want to escape on a food adventure, these series have you covered: Jamie’s Quick & Easy Food , Donna Hay Basics To Brilliance and Donna Hay Basics To Brilliance Kids, Nigella: At My Table, River Cottage Autumn, Nadiya’s Family Favourites , Jamie’s Super Food Family Classics , Bake with Anna Olsen , Paul Hollywood: A Baker’s Life and Lorraine Pascale: How To Be A Better Cook .

With Easter just around the corner, what better excuse to get out the apron and get inspired with the sweetest programs on television. Chocolate lovers can rejoice with Inside Hotel Chocolat and Extreme Chocolate Makers , and for Easter lunch inspiration Mary Berry’s Easter Feasts has you sorted. Foxtel’s Sweets & Treats on demand compilation also includes The Great British Bake Off, Extreme Cake Makers, The Great British Bake Off Easter Special, Flour Power, Mary’s Kitchen Crush, The Great Australian Bake off, Paul Hollywood: A Baker’s Life and Bake with Anna Olsen.

Beginning today, Onward , The Invisible Man and Emma are all available on Foxtel Store for rental straight from theatrical release. Set in a suburban fantasy world, Onward introduces two teenage elf brothers, starring the voices of Chris Pratt (Guardians of the Galaxy) and Tom Holland (Spiderman: Homecoming) who embark on an extraordinary quest to discover if there is still a little magic left out there. Emma stars Anya Taylor-Joy (Thoroughbreds) in this new film adaptation of Jane Austen’s beloved comedy about finding your equal and earning your happy ending. In The Invisible Man , Cecilia, staring Elisabeth Moss (The Handmaid’s Tale), learns that what you can’t see can hurt you as she tries to rebuild her life after the death of her abusive partner, who she begins to suspect isn’t truly gone.

1 Like

Keep the kids entertained these holidays

Settle in with new titles and family favourites

Foxtel is helping to keep the kids entertained these holidays, with a huge range of family friendly movies – from new titles to classic favourites – available to stream on demand on Foxtel NOW.

Foxtel has pulled together an EASTER HOLIDAY FUN collection featuring some of the best animated adventure films that are guaranteed to keep the kids occupied and parents sane, including new title The Secret Life of Pets 2 , following the adventures of Max (Louis C.K.), a spoiled terrier who enjoys a comfortable life in a New York building.

In this sequel to the heart-warming first film, Max encounters canine-intolerant cows, hostile foxes and a scary turkey when he visits the countryside. Luckily for Max, he soon catches a break when he meets Rooster, a gruff farm dog who tries to cure the lovable pooch of his neuroses.

Also new to Foxtel is The Angry Birds Movie 2 , in which the flightless angry birds and the scheming green piggies take their beef to the next level. When a new threat emerges that puts both Bird and Pig Island in danger, Red (Jason Sudeikis) and his mates must join forces with Leonard (Bill Hader) and his team to forge an unsteady truce and form an unlikely super team to save their homes.

Kids will love the antics of supervillain Gru (Steve Carrell) in the animation blockbuster Despicable Me . When a mysterious rival named Vector (Jason Segal) steals the Great Pyramid of Giza, Gru – with the assistance of his sidekick Dr. Nefario and his Minions – resolves to one -up Vector by shrinking and stealing the Moon.

And fans of the Despicable Me franchise will enjoy its spin-off prequel Minions , following Kevin, Stuart and Bob as they venture out into the world to find a new evil boss for their brethren to follow. The trio embarks upon a thrilling journey that ultimately leads them to their next potential master, Scarlet Overkill (Sandra Bullock), the world’s first-ever female super-villain. They travel from frigid Antarctica to 1960s New York City, ending in mod London, where they must face their biggest challenge to date: saving all of Minionkind…from annihilation.

Other movie series featured include the first four Ice Age films, Night At The Museum 1 & 2 and Kung Fu Panda 2 & 3 amongst others.

1 Like

Does the Foxtel Now Box support live streaming FTA channels through their native apps on the box (eg 10 Play, 7 Plus etc.)?

I’m thinking about getting a Foxtel Now Box for a spare room which doesn’t have an ariel.

1 Like

I believe so - I was able to install them on my Foxtel Now box

1 Like

Interesting development.

1 Like

I got an email from Foxtel Now earlier in the week offering me a free Foxtel Now box - I wonder whether something new is launching soon, not to mention this:

1 Like

Why would they do that?

1 Like

Seems like it was a Kayo decision

1 Like

I hope they plan on putting kayo on the Iq4

Doubt it, as they’d want people to subscribe to the sports pack.

I don’t think they would do completely like that though. They probably put it on there as an individual app or make up some deal where if you are already a subscriber to the sports pack you will get access to it.

1 Like

10HD channel on Foxtel Now seems to be Spree TV.

foxtel now doesnt have free to air tv unless your talking about 10 play or the foxtel now box

Sorry, i meant the Foxtel Now Box. Anyway a re-scan will probably fix it

1 Like

My 10HD seems to be fine, but just noticed they finally added the GemHD logo at long last. I wonder how long it will be before they update to the new Seven logos.

1 Like

You wonder when they’ll add 9 rush and 10 shake as well. Considering they use a free to air tuner why can’t those channels be availed?

1 Like

I went to cancel my Foxtel Now and they offered me a $10 discount, so $15 a month instead of $25 for the next four months. I might now keep it for a couple more months.

2 Likes

I get the same crap every time I log into 9Now.

1 Like